#1 App for comfortable traveling on historic sections of legendary Route 66 - turn by turn directions with voice guide and offline maps for entire Route 66!
MAIN FEATURES OF ROUTE 66 NAVIGATION APP:
- turn-by-turn directions for historic Route 66 westbound as well as eastbound
- full offline mode (no data roaming needed for navigation, just download the app data and maps to your iPhone and you are ready to go!)
- plan with the map of Route 66 with all the points of interests
- enjoy new interactive dashboard
- simple use, find the destination on the map or select the city
- join Route 66 at any point and continue to your destination
- unique POI (points of interest) notified during navigation directly on your map
- up-to-date maps with any closure or detour noted
- plan and save your trip day-by-day
- 1300+ attractions along historic Route 66
- designed for good visibility while riding your motorcycle or driving car
Thanks to Route 66 Navigation app you can fully enjoy your trip through Route 66 without stress and worry. Every mile of Route 66 has been carefully charted and considered as we chose the most beautiful and most interesting sections with hundreds of POI attractions.
Our turn-by-turn navigation app has been developed so that you can choose the right path for you – whether you are a motorcycle rider, or drive a car. We have created routes to suite your preferred travel style.
During the trip it will display not only instrutions for navigation, but the application will continue to alert you about interesting POI along the path you have chosen.
Route 66 Navigation offers two alternative routes when you are west or east bound. The main route in either direction contains the most widely known iconic parts of Route 66. The second route in eihter direction provides a path to explore and discoverers passages of the old Route 66 that existed in different periods of its operation.
With our Route 66 Navigation app you can explore and discover scenic views, old bridges, smaller sleepy towns and savor the non-repetitive journey of the old and new Route 66 paths.
The app allows you to navigate in both directions – from west to east or east to west. Route 66 Navigation app works fully when offline so thanks to our app you will be able to fully orientate yourself even in areas with limited telephone signal or mobile data coverage.
We are travellers who are committed to delivering superior services to you – our fellow travellers. We are constantly upgrading and improving the itinerary, constandly updating POI for the 66 Navigation app so you can choose the path you wish to take and customise your own unique experiences.
Route 66 Navigation is a free app with In-App Subscription for full navigation features. The free app allows you to view all the POI, events on Route 66, news, send your travel report or use S.O.S functionality.
Unlock the Route 66 navigation features with one-year or 7-day licence.
Subscription will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- IMPORTANT: Update your app to fix problem with navigation features after 2021 December 1st
- Improvements on backend for next app features
- Improved routing from Hotel
- Now more than 1300 points-of-interest with descriptions by internationally acclaimed author Jim Hinckley
Ratings and Reviews
Helpful but needs improvement
While this app was helpful and kept us on track, it was also frustrating at times. First, it needs an overview function to let you zoom out to see where it’s taking you. Second, it doesn’t always take you on key Route 66 routes and this by key sights. For example, in California it bypassed the Fair Oaks Pharmacy on Route 66. In fact it bypassed the whole end of the original Route 66. It has a Route B option, but that didn’t take the rout either. This happened in one other key area also. I only knew this because we used a guidebook as a supplement. Third, it had a number of times that it doubled back on the Route taking us in circles. Sometimes it would take you around the block, other times it would take you around a multiple block area (eg in Santa Fe), but three times it back tracked many miles (eg back and forth across the Arizona California border). So be where. This is another reason for needing an overview function.
The app was marginally helpful and for the price it is way overpriced. Frustrating to use and not helpful in planning a trip. A few issues of many 1.Does not provide a drop down info for the route/direction as available on better developed apps. This was a major issue for planning and knowing where the app was taking you. 2.The app does not allow to blow up the route so your can see the route it keeps taking you back to your location. Very very frustrating. 3. The app did not take you to the historic original ending the street corner was wrong and takes you ti a corner with the Santa Monica Homopathic RX.
I used the AAA Route 66 map from Flagstaff to Chicago and a few other free on line Route 66 app for some of the roads not on the AAA map and had a pleasant experience as compared to using this app from Flagstaff to LA/Santa Monica and nothing but fustration.
I would not buy this overpriced cryptic app again or recommend. If you purchase just be aware of the issues..
Good app. But needs some work.
The app does a good job on giving directions. It did try to send us the wrong way on a one way street. In Santa Fe, it had us going in circles. The biggest complaint and most aggravating thing is, if you zoom out and move the map to see what’s ahead, it automatically moves back to your location and zooms back in when you let go. You cannot click on a point of interest while zoomed out. Some POIs are a few blocks away and the only way to find out what it is, is to drive closer to it so it shows up on the map. You should be able to zoom out and hold then have a recentering button to bring you back.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Touch Media. s.r.o.
- 67.3 MB
- Requires iOS 12.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.3 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2021 Touch Media s.r.o.
- In-App Purchases
- Navigate Route 66 for 7 days $19.99
- Navigate Route 66 for 1 year $39.99
- Route 66 navigation features $39.99
- Navigate Route 66 for 7 days $17.99
- Navigate Route 66 for 1 year $35.99