PLEASE NOTE: myTRIPS, the upgraded version of Routes, is now available on the App Store. Download here:
SALE SALE 50% OFF!!
***** PROBABLY THE BEST ROUTE PLANNING APP ON THE APP STORE *****
** MORE THAN 130.000 USERS CAN'T BE WRONG (Jun, 2012)!!
Planning your journeys with Routes. Planning your Journeys is now as easy as touching a map! Forget using a paper map in a Hotel when you are going to planning the route for tomorrow! With this app you will save a lot of time and it will be much more easy!
*** ROUTES. PLANNING YOUR JOURNEYS IS NOW FEATURED BY APPLE IN TRAVEL CATEGORY (US)! ***
** Check out this video review from DailyAppShow.com:
With "Routes. Planning your Journeys" you can:
- Create infinite itineraries, for example: Trip to London 2012, Christmas holidays…
- Create routes for each itinerary, for example: Visiting the old town, Go shopping, A pub route…
- Add up to 25!! waypoints for each route by simply tapping the map. Incredibly easy!
- For each waypoint you will see the Street View image and more info.
- Search for places, restaurants, pubs, monuments… and add them to the route if you want.
- NEW: Search over hundreds of public routes. Users can make their routes public.
- Wikipedia powered! Search points of interest near a waypoint!
- Add notes for your waypoints.
- Edit your route when you want: change the waypoints order, remove a waypoint, etc. The new route will be calculated automatically!
- Also you can see the the full step itinerary for each route.
- The App calculates the total distance and the total time for a route.
- Fastest route button also available! The App calculates the fastest route if you want by reordering all the waypoints!
- It shows your current location (use native maps)
- Three maps types available: Classic, Hybrid & Satellite.
- Three route types available: Driving, Cycling & walking.
- Share itineraries and routes via e-mail!
- Print itineraries and routes with AirPrint!
- Sync your trips across your devices!
- Full iOS6 support!
Routes. Planning your Journeys have a wonderful interface design. Each itinerary and each route have a different color that you can choose when you create them. The interface will adapt to these colors so using the app will be even more funny and less boring!
Routes. Planning your Journeys is designed for iPhone & iPad so you have only to pay once to get it for both devices. With the syncing support all your itineraries and routes will be shared on all your devices!
HOW TO USE THIS APP:
1) Add an itinerary, please complete it with a name, description and a color.
2) Tap on the itinerary to open it and create a new route by clicking on the "add" button on top.
3) To add waypoints to the routes:
3.1) iPad: Tap on the route to open it, tap on the map during one second and wait for the marker. Then tap on the marker to show the details and click on the "Add to route" button. You can also add markers to the map by searching on the search bar at map view!
3.2) iPhone: Click on the bottom button with a globe image, this open the map view. Tap on the map during one second and wait for the marker. Then tap on the marker to view the details and click on the "Add to route" button. You can also add markers to the map by searching on the search bar at map view!
(*) You can edit the route at any moment by tapping on the marker or on the waypoint list.
Please, if you find any problems, suggestions or questions, contact with us at: email@example.com
** IMPORTANT NOTE: If you update the app and don't see any of your previous data, please open the settings app, tap on "Routes" and switch off the iCloud syncing.
(*) An active Internet connection is required to create routes.
** PLEASE NOTE: Our new app myTRIPS is now available on the App Store. Please download now. You can import your trips or routes created in Routes to myTRIPS in a easy way: just export the trip in a CSV file and import it to myTRIPS.
- Bugfix related with the GPS location in iOS 8 users.
- Interface improvements.
¡Thanks for using Routes! If you need assistance, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ratings and Reviews
Useful planning tool
I agree it could use a clearer user guide, but I was able to figure it out:Select a "journey". With that journey selected, one can now add "routes". Select waypoints by searching, or directly touching the map (useful when zoomed in pretty far).
One typically needs to resort the order of the waypoints, since you probably are adding intermediate points. Click on the "Edit" label, then touch the waypoint you want to move on its far right edge, then drag. If you want to do a similar route but leave out some destinations, create a new blank route, select the route with excess waypoints. Click one you want to include. A "copy to route" appears. Select it, and it will give you a list other routes you can copy it to - select your new blank route.
It does crash a little too often, but it's workable. You can get a directions list, but it doesn't show miles from the last waypoint - that would be a useful update to the app for multiple day trips.
The app shows "journeys/trips" with a sub set of "routes/days". The journey overview doesn't tell me how long my total trip is. The list of routes doesn't show a total for that day either. I have to drill into each day to view a map that shows one option and distance then write it down to add all up all the individual routes/days distances into a trip total. What the heck??? This doesn't work at all for a bicycle, motorcycle or even car tour. None of the routes/days starts and ends auto connect. Going longer or shorter one day requires manually modifying all the remaining routes. The app has zero logic. I could do more with a spread sheet on my phone with map links.
The documentation is absolutely terrible. I emailed the help desk asking 3 or 4 questions. They only answered one of them, how to switch units to miles. Never would have guessed how as it's not even done in the app. and not shown how in the minuscule built in help . I emailed saying I still needed help with the unanswered questions 2 more times but still got no replies. I said I would have to give them a bad review if they didn't reply or help me and still they continue to ignore me. Well guys, here's to ignoring customers.
DO NOT BUY THIS APP. SAVE YOUR MONEY. THIS DEVELOPER HAS NO IDEA OF HOW TO WRITE A PROFESSIONAL, FUNCTIONAL APP.
Great for Routing Local Delivery Company
I use this every day to plan delivery routes. Awesome tool that does exactly what I need. First I type in all the addresses of potential deliveries so they appear as green pins on the map. Then I can see at a glance what the most effective route might be. As I schedule customers, I add their addresses to the map as stops with their name, delivery window, items, and phone number in the notes section. I make a different journey for each day and a different route for each truck. I use the estimated driving time to fill out a delivery checklist for my crews, then I email the truck phones their routes so they can simply tap on the addresses to route and tap on the phone numbers to call the customers. The only feature request that would be nice is tentative stops - allow the green pins to be "tentative" so they don't disappear when you exit the route and add a button to clear all tentative stops.
- Javier Aznar de los Rios
- 21.8 MB
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2014 The Clash Soft
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.