Go here (http://goo.gl/73IbRU) to see if your agency is ready for RouteShout 2.0
Taking public transit? Download this free, convenient app to get real-time or scheduled next bus arrival times through your iPhone or iPad.
The RouteShout app helps you be on time and prepare for changes - anytime, anywhere. With RouteShout, you can know of bus delays and remove the uncertainty from taking public transit.
Get to work, to your class, or that important appointment. It's the handy, free app for locals, students, tourists and other public transit riders. Just select your agency and route, and off you go.
With RouteShout, you can:
• Know when your bus is on its way.
• Cut down your wait time.
• Stay alerted of bus schedule or route changes, service disruptions or traffic delays.
• Plan your journey and connections.
• View bus routes and stops.
• Choose and save your favorite stops.
Try it today. If you like it, don’t forget to write a review- and tell your friends.
Note: You may have limited access if data is not supplied to RouteShout from your local transit system. Data is provided by your local transit system. Application is subject to the quality of data provided to the Application. The Application is provided by RouteMatch Software, Inc.
Upgraded to iOS 10!
Ratings and Reviews
Glad to have it, but really cumbersome to use
I am glad our local transit is using the app, but the interface is really clumsy and it’s overly complicated to quickly check where my bus is. This is my only option, since our bus system is rural and this is the only app that gets their data. If I did have a choice, I’d use something else.
I feel like the people that made this software aren’t frequent bus riders and didn’t talk to anyone who is. The interface is slow. It takes many cumbersome steps to get to the information I need - scrolling and searching through a list of 30 routes, then a list of times (times for what - when the bus starts the route?!), then about 70 stops named by street and intersection. It could make use of location services and make educated guesses about which bus our route I might be waiting for. I can favorite certain items, but even that isn’t useful. I can’t check to se when the “next route 1 bus gets to the place I am standing”. That would be the minimum helpful function of the app.
Never finishes loading
I just never stops loading. Can’t even get to the start page.
It would be great if it worked, as the already abysmal bus system here in Santa Fe could use a smidgen of help. Bad transit systems is a nation wide problem that has its foundation in the US’s addiction to oil and gas. Had it not been for an overwhelming majority of our politicians on both state and federal level, being deep in the pockets of said industries, I would not be writing a review of a dysfunctional transit app supposedly aiding an even more dysfunctional transit system.
Sort of works?
It’s the only live transit data app that supports my city, so I have to use it. When the bus does have a transponder I can usually track it manually. But there are a lot of problems:
1. Predicted arrival time never shows more than a single digit once scheduled arrival has passed. Prediction not useful when a delay is 15-30 minutes or more.
2. Saving a stop found via “Locate Me” as a favorite is ineffective because recalling that favorite never shows any upcoming arrivals. Favorites only work when saved from Where’s My Bus it Schedule, which means a stop must have multiple favorites if more than one route serves that stop.
3. Navigating the embedded map is so hard it is common to end up zoomed out to show the entire planet.
4. Pop ups in the map are so large they can prevent scrolling the map to find the X to close them
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.