Routinist helps you achieve goals and build habits by scheduling time for them as part of your everyday routines.
I built Routinist because I got tired of having excuses for why I wasn’t taking action on my goals: I don’t have time... I’m too tired… I forgot… etc. Routinist eliminates these excuses for me.
Becoming a better you is hard. It requires motivation, planning, commitment and execution. Only you can keep yourself motivated and committed over the long term. The purpose of Routinist is to help with the planning and execution parts, so you can improve your health, achieve your goals, and continue becoming a better you.
Step 1: List your typical morning routine actions and estimate time for each action. This can be super simple (get ready for day for 45 mins), or as detailed as you like (floss 1m, brush 3m , shower 10m, shave 5m, etc.).
Step 2: Enter your desired sleep and Go Time (the time you need to leave for work).
Step 3: Add new actions (those small steps towards your goals like flossing or exercising) and their estimated time, and insert them into your routine.
Routinist uses this info to remind you when to wake up and go to bed so you have time for your routines and get the sleep you need. Take action during the time you most control: your mornings and evenings. Routinist removes the ‘when’ so you can focus on the ‘what’.
• Build morning (and evening!) routines
• Wake up and bed time reminders
• Understand your time constraints and prioritize
• Reduce decision fatigue
• Routines sync with your Apple Calendar!
• Optimize your routine: tweak the time, order and frequency of actions for any routine any time (yes – even during an active routine)
• Complete actions, skip actions, and undo skip/complete as needed
• Continuously updated routine completion times
• Timers & notifications for each action
• Apple Watch! Complete, Skip, Pause & Resume from the notifications on the Apple Watch or iPhone notification center
• Flexibility: schedule actions on certain days each week or every x days, x weekdays, etc.
• Progress Tracking for a birds eye view of your progress
• Detailed History of every routine
• Dark Mode
• 120+ action ideas with suggested times
Routinist is probably very different from any other app you’ve tried, and it takes some getting used to. But I strongly believe this unique approach to achieving your goals will make your life better.
“Anyone can list out their goals, but they will be quickly abandoned without the help of an app like this… No other goal app compares to Routinist. Worth the time to learn.”
“This app enabled me to establish a regular morning routine for the first time in my 45 years of life.”
“If you have different times for leaving to work/school everyday but similar morning tasks this is perfect. It is worth the time to try it.”
"Your app has enormous potential in helping others reach theirs."
Routinist does not advertise and is instead supported by Premium membership through an auto-renewing subscription. If you choose to purchase Premium, payments will be charged to your iTunes account, and your account will be charged for renewal 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Auto-renewal may be turned off at any time by going to your settings in the iTunes Store after purchase. The current price is $4.99 USD per month, and may vary from country to country.
*** FIXED ***
• Routines should now display the correct date for 3rd shift workers and those who go to bed after midnight.
Version 2020.7 notes were:
*** FIXED ***
• Premium - some users who purchased the original unlimited action unlock were not able to become Premium Subscribers to access Other Routines, Calendar Sync, Stats & History, etc. This has now been fixed!
• Calendar Sync - some people have reported multiple versions of the same event appearing on their calendars. I hope this update has fixed this issue for those users (please let me know if the issue remains).
• Stats & History - the morning/evening button is now displaying correctly in Dark Mode.
• Evening Reminders - these reminder settings will no longer reset to default as they did in some instances.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have thoughts/questions/suggestions/etc.
Thank you for your support!
Ratings and Reviews
ADHD Life Saver
Can’t even express how much this app has helped me with time management— I have ADHD and it’s so easy for me to lose track of time once I get absorbed into something, which has caused me to be late for as long as I can remember. I’ve been using this app for over 2 years and it’s completely changed me; Before Routinist I would sit on my phone until the absolute last minute that I had to leave for school or work. Now, every day I get up, read, work out, do coding problems, make my bed, plan my day, and get ready before class with time to spare like clockwork—it’s honestly incredible what a few buzzes can prompt you to do and I totally recommend using Routinist even if you don’t have ADHD. I’m never late for class anymore (it’s great that you can set each day to start at a different time, since I have class at various times every day) and it even takes the work out of calculating the time of when I need to go to bed. While the interface might not seem the most intuitive to begin with, once you get used to it you can never go back.
Update: I think I’ve got it figured out. After several more days of not being able to open the app without it crashing and with no update or way to ask for help in sight I decided to delete and reinstall the app. It seems to have worked but I lost my carefully created and fine tuned routine. I was also worried when I reinstalled because it was saying the only option if you want to have more than 15 actions between your morning and evening routines is to pay a couple bucks a month for Premium, but last year I paid for Premium as a one-time, in-app purchase. I was able to restore my purchase and it appears I can start adding actions back in. I’m cautiously optimistic, but I’ll be watching to see if it starts crashing again, or if it tries to charge a monthly fee. My guess about the crashing is it had something to do with the new subscription format? I wish this all would have somehow been communicated! Upping review to three stars, will fix it again as I see how things go.
Original: I actually love this app but for days now it has been crashing every time I open it. No update in sight and I could be wrong but I don’t think there is any way to reach out to the developer. I’m hoping this one star review will get their attention! Then I’ll fix my review.
Fantastic for Time Challenged People
I’m thrilled an app like this exists - I know it’s not something that most people need, but when time management is your weakness, it’s an absolute must. The interface is extremely user friendly, and it doesn’t require as much calibration as I’d expect, which is fantastic. The only reason I’ve given it four stars instead of five is because I would really like to see more done with the “Other Routines” portion of the app. It’s premium users only, and I expected it to be as good as the morning and evening routines - it’s almost there but not quite. They don’t reset (I think this is a bug, because apparently my notifications think that the routine is going, so I get notifications to do things but no way to check them off) so my “Leaving Work” routine is literally only useful the once. [edit: you have to manually reset them, long press the start button and it will clear the routine] I’d also love to see a way to remind you to use other routines - a way to set a notification for certain days. Other than that, it’s pretty close to perfect. Great job developer, and thanks for making such a brilliant app!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Timothy Johnson
- 51.7 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © Tim Johnson
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Subscription $4.99
- Routinist Premium $11.99