version 2.0.2 brings macOS support with some feature limitations
please note that this is originally an iPad application
rrarrow is the experimental noise machine / modular audio effect for the iOS featuring extended feedback capabilities.
- Simplicity. The interface is simplified for faster assembly and more flexible connectivity — you can assemble your effect very fast and control all the processing parameters with the audio signal!
- Feedback capabilities. You can add feedbacks to the audio chain to get some chaotic noise sounds .
- 20 blocks for audio processing:
- Sine generator. Basic oscillator with sine waveform
- Saw and square oscillators
- Signal multiplier
- Frequency shifter
- Envelope follower
- “Lorenz attractor”
- Special Lowpass filter
- Nonlinear shaper (for self-oscillating circuit)
- two special waveshaping modules with “fold” and “wrap” distortion
blocks that work with audiofiles:
- lookup table. Loads up to 10 seconds of audiofile to be used as nonlinear transfer function
- Players with/without interpolation and speed control
- "scrub" block for semi-random granular file playback
- Built-in audio recorder. Share the audio file to other applications or AudioShare.
- MIDI support! Assign MIDI controllers to all faders. Supports network midi and has a virtual MIDI in.
- Audiobus support. Now you can stream live audio directly to other Audiobus-compatible apps! See http://audiob.us for more information. Works as input and filter.
- Audiobus state saving support
- Inter-App Audio support
- Background audio support: enabled when connected to Audiobus and user switchable otherwise. The 'background audio" switch is located in app's "settings" page
iPad2/iPhone4S or newer is recommended for complex presets
this app was originally optimized for the iPad
To get started please watch the tutorial videos on the website and read the user guide inside the app
Ratings and Reviews
Wizard sound lab of mayhem
This thing has feedback loop concepts that I have never even thought of, it’s really cool and inspiring. Any human into experimental sound designs and a dope wire interfaces will agree that the robot here is ace. This can get noisy and just thick it’s really cool.
A noise boys wet dream
I’m very surprised I’ve never seen this app utilized at any noise shows. This is an absolute hidden gem. If you seek a generator for harsh noise music on iOS, this is what you need.
App still works but its inter-app audio is broken on my new phone. Would be nice to see it updated to auv3 like Phawuo.
Developer Response ,
Hello,Yes, sorry for that. The minor update is supposed to be available very soon. The new rrarrow version 3 is still under development with auv3 and some more features.Regards,Alex
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Alexey Nadzharov
- 14.4 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 10.15 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2014, 2021 Alex Nadzharov
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.