Discover and subscribe to RSS, Atom or JSON feeds in your preferred desktop or web based news reader from Safari.
RSS Button for Safari requires either a desktop news reader supporting RSS, Atom or JSON feeds or an account with an online news reader such as Feedbin, Feedly, FeedHQ, Feed Wrangler, Inoreader, NewsBlur, The Old Reader or BazQuz Reader. Alternatively you can choose to copy the feed address to your clipboard or use any self-hosted news reader.
To install this extension after purchasing on the App Store:
1) Open RSS Button for Safari from Applications;
2) Choose your preferred news reader
3) Enable the extension from Safari Preferences under the extensions tab
4) If the toolbar button does not appear automatically in Safari go to View > Customize Toolbar and drag the RSS Button to your toolbar.
Compatible news reader applications include:
- Feedy (not to be confused with Feedly)
- News Explorer
- News Menu
- Reeder 4 or 5
News reader applications that are not compatible or have known issues opening feed URLs automatically:
- Mozilla Thunderbird
- Reeder 3 or older
- RSS Reader
- An Otter RSS Reader
RSS Button for Safari does not collect or retain any data from users. Absolutely no requests to external or third party services are made from the application or extension at any time.
- Bug fix: Prevent defaulting to Apple Mail for the news reader as RSS support was dropped in Mountain Lion. This could occur on older user profiles that have retained their launch services settings through macOS migrations and upgrades where Apple Mail was previously set as the default.
Ratings and Reviews
Does not pick up on relative blog urls
This plug-in works great as long as the URL in the link tag has the full URL of the feed. If it only uses the relative URL (i.e. without the http and domain), it will not pick up on it. Also, seems to have trouble with feeds that use URL parameters &. Fix those 2 issues and the plugin will be good.
Developer Response ,
Version 1.5.3 should be available in 24-48hr and fixes an issue that is likely the cause of the problem you are encountering with root relative URLs specifically on sites specifying a base URL with the base HTML element.
If you are still seeing the same issues once updated to 1.5.3 please send an example of both issues with the website URLs and what RSS application or web service you are using to email@example.com
This extension is great, it does exactly what it says and it's super easy to use!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Jan Pingel
- 5.1 MB
- Requires macOS 10.12 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2018-2021 BitPiston Studios
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.