RSSRadio is an advanced Podcast playback app, available on the App Store since 2010.
RSSRadio pioneered many features that are commonplace today and continues to evolve. It's my baby, I hope you give it a try (DJB, Author)
(RSSRadio® has ads, you can remove the ads with a simple one-time in app purchase.)
• Silence remover for downloaded audio podcasts, saves hours per week for the average listener without affecting sound quality
• Clearer audio with equaliser, compressor / limiter and volume boosting DSP effects (on video, streaming and downloads)
• Keep multiple devices in Sync with iCloud
• Organise your listening by categories
• Server side refreshing and push notifications
• RSSRadio is carefully developed and tuned to be nice to your battery
• Download or stream any size show over WiFi or 3G
• Fully supports password protected podcasts, including 1Password support
• Built in sleep timer
• Light / Dark UI themes
• Play only the audio part of videos, if you like
• Extensive directory of Podcasts, search for shows by keyword, category, view the top podcasts or enter a URL manually
• Find new shows from RSSRadio’s users listening patterns. RSSRadio can suggest shows you might like based on your existing subscriptions. •• opt out available, your data is anonymous
RSSRadio is free, with some limits. Try it now.
"RSSRadio® mobile is a very solid offering in the podcast app space. The app is very stable and offers some nice features" - AppAdvice.com
"I have found that RSSRadio® is one of the fastest podcasting apps when it comes to managing feeds and downloading episodes. At the moment, no other app has been able to match it when it comes to managing those basic tasks." - Geoffrey Goetz "Podcasting 101"
"RSSRadio7 is the perfect option for a beginning podcaster." - Emily. C. Gardener / gretchenlouise.com
If you have bug reports or suggestions, these are very welcome at email@example.com, I answer all emails.
RSSRadio® is a registered trademark of Dorada App Software Ltd
Thanks for those of you who have rated RSSRadio on the App Store, this is a big help and encouragement. To those who haven't yet done so, I hope you will find time soon.
Thanks to the beta testers for their invaluable feedback.
* Bug fixes
* Added long press context menus for shows
* Reduce memory usage / excessive spotlight indexing
* Filters in subscription detail view will stick on
* Bug fixes
5.0.5 / 5.0.6
* Welcome iOS12 users!
* improved restoring from a backup
* Fix issue where an iCloud restore might happen before you gave permission
* Fix issue where Google Cast support might not appear to be working
* Pausing downloads and turning on filters changes the buttons so its more obvious how to switch things back
* Titles on podcast and show description headings are links, if available
* Added some logging for a layout bug
* Updated localisations
* Fix some issues with headphone controls
* Resolved an issue where the app might not receive new show pushes from the server
* If the app can’t get the subscription for you to purchase, it will give a sensible message and not crash
* Subscription expiry date shown in settings
* Fix crash when sharing
* Improve refresh performance
* Fix an issue where an unsubscribed podcast could appear on the podcasts page
* Cloud Sync status will show more than 100 subscriptions if you have them
* Fix issue with AirPods skipping 30 secs forward
* Address performance issues with large databases
* Fix crash in subscription details (credit Chris)
* Don’t allow cookies when fetching RSS
* Improve logging for iCloud restore
* Improve other iCloud logging
* Explicitly tell the user they cannot iCloud restore in low power mode
* Fix people getting mixed light / dark themes
* Fix discount code overlapping subscription expiry date
This release addresses technical debt and updates RSSRadio to use modern api’s. It also resolves some long standing usability issues.
* Replaced the remove ads app purchase with a subscription. Existing paid users are grandfathered in and will see no ads but can subscribe if they want.
* Rewrote the feed refreshing engine
* Rewrote the CloudKit sync
* Cloud sync is always on
* Rewrote the show artwork handling
* Podcast settings can just automatically mirror the default settings
* Removed many less used and troublesome options
* Removed the widget
* Play podcasts on RSSRadio using Siri. “Hey Siri, Play Stuff You Should Know on RSS”
* Watch app has been removed, it will be replaced by one with standalone playback at a later date
* Follows the system dark or light theme
* New icon
* New tint color
* Archiving is no longer a thing, it’s handled automatically for you
* Unlistened has become called Unplayed
* Playlists tab is now just called Categories
Ratings and Reviews
Favorite podcast app
I have been using RSS Radio to listen to podcasts ever since Apple’s native podcast app quit making sense. This app does almost everything I want and is the best of all I have tried.
Pros: Very easy to organize my podcasts. You can assign 2 categories to each podcast which then creates playlists by category in addition to the default playlist. You can modify the options for default settings when you subscribe to a podcast ( i.e., download latest 1, 2 or all unlistened episodes, add to front or end of the play lid, start after xx seconds). You can then set these uniquely for each podcast. This app has the most options for this than other apps I have tried.
What I wish the app would do: Create my own playlist for individual podcast episodes. This would come in handy when I am planning for a long road trip. Managing this through “favorites” almost works, but is not easy to work with. I haven’t been able to figure out how to modify the order of podcasts in any playlist other than default. But I haven’t found another app that could do this either.
Overall, I am very happy with the app.
THE most customizable podcast player
If you listen to a lot of shows, this is your player. Period. None of the social duff and show promo previews the native app is cluttering every screen with now. Just your shows and their episodes with full control over every aspect of each.
From serialized shows you want to plow through starting at episode 1, to daily news where you will never dig back through archives, to shows you've just discovered with 200 back episodes you want to selectively pick through, this app lets you tweak ALL the settings for each show to keep your playlist fresh and filled with your must-listens.
Auto-queue places your must-listens in the queue automatically and you even get to dictate where in the queue they get added.
Manual reordering of not only each category, but of the shows you place in the categories is a godsend.
Easy to add single episodes from shows you don't want to subscribe to.
Super efficient listening with playback speeds, silence skipping, customizable forward and backward skip amounts, and customizable show start and finish skips.
Digging through the settings might seem daunting, but honestly every item is a delight as you discover the ability to do things you didn't even know you wanted to do. And the default settings would work great anyway.
Happily upgraded not to gain features or remove ads, but because this amount of attention to detail deserves support.
Well worth paying for the full version
I was just looking for a new podcast app that would let me skip back and forward a few seconds over a Bluetooth connection (which the Apple app strangely doesn't allow). I chose this app since it had a free version and I ended up getting so much more! I love all the customization options for each podcast and the fact that I can finally select all episodes when editing (another feature missing from the Apple app). So happy with it after a few days that I had to purchase to support the devs. One request I'd make is a filter for listened episodes so I can select them all and archive them. Thanks for the great app!
- Dorada App Software Ltd
- 18.4 MB
Requires iOS 12.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © (c) Dorada Software Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- RSSRadio $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.