RTF Write 4+
With support for iCloud
Mach Software Design
**Please visit our website or search for "RTF Write" in the iOS App Store to download the iOS version, it's free!**
RTF Write is a powerful new RTF and PDF (Rich Text Format, PDF) Editor for iOS and OS X! Featuring full iCloud document synchronization, RTF in multiple styles, sizes, and colors; as well as PDF Viewing/Creating/Annotation; RTF Write makes it super easy to create in two of the most popular word processor formats while still being incredibly powerful! And the best part is RTF Write is free for iOS and only $2.99 (U.S.) on OS X!
- iCloud document synchronization; RTF Write keeps all your documents up to date on all your iOS and OS X devices (iPhone, iPad, and Mac)
- RTF/RTFD Read/Write support; easily Create and Edit Rich Text with multiple styles, alignment, font sizes, color, shadows, line spacing, and more -- one of the most popular word processor formats widely compatible across OS X, Windows, and Linux
- PDF Creation/Viewing/Annotation -- On OS X add text, shapes, lines, markup and more; on iOS draw diagrams, take notes, grade documents, sign documents with Freehand writing. (Large PDF documents in iCloud, such as large eBooks, are not recommended)
- DOC and DOCX Viewing on iOS, DOC/DOCX Read/Write support on OS X
- Export as PDF makes it easy to annotate PDF's (iOS only) for grading papers, making corrections, or signing documents
- Revolutionary PDF Magnifer feature makes it super easy to take Notes and automatically save as PDF (iOS only)
- Incredibly advanced, yet super easy to use!
- Application is now a Universal Binary for Big Sur
- New App Icon
- Updated User Interface
- Fixed various bugs throughout the application
Ratings and Reviews
I bought this app because it listed some awesomely advanced features for an app that cost $1.99. I wanted a text editor that did two things: allowed me to do basic style changes and allowed me to do word counting (or, at the very least, count the words from start to finish of the document). For an app that is SO powerful, I can’t believe this app doesn’t have a word counting feature. It’s a great app and I do not regret purchasing it. But, I’m just slightly disappointed that this simple feature is lacking. I could be missing something, but I’ve checked out the support and searched help within the app and there is nothing to be found regarding my “issue."
As an avid writer, I am very pleased with the introduction of the word count feature that another reviewer had mentioned was missing in the last version. The iOS app is great, too. The app runs well and is reliable. As a novelist, I like to organize my writings in seperate RTF files within folders. This program is perfect for that. It also integrates seamlessly with iCloud.
It would be fantastic if the developers could integrate a zoom function that doesn’t alter the size of the text but still making it larger and easier to read. As a cross platform user, I’ve noticed that Times 13 on a Windows computer on an HD monitor renders at a much different size than Times 13 on a Macbook Pro with a Retina screen.
Absolute perfection when time is of the essence
I only had to use this app for five minutes to love it. It opens very quickly and allows me to quickly write and/or edit the wide variety of the document formats I use for making notes. I have hundreds of files that contain my notes, and I was burdened by a plethora of apps that opened very slooowly, then loaded my documents very sloooowly. Of the 1200 apps I have, this is the only app I have ever considered wishing I could give 6 stars to it.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Mach Software Design
- 4.8 MB
- Requires macOS 10.10 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2014 Mach Software Design
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.