Rubber Band Audio allows you to change the pitch and tempo of music recordings independently of each other.
You can speed up or slow down music recordings without affecting their pitch; transpose or adjust pitch precisely without affecting tempo; change any combination of them together; and save the results as new audio files. Our latest processing engine, introduced with the 3.0 release, gives studio quality results with almost any kind of music.
What's different about Rubber Band Audio?
Its quality and features mean it can even be used in a music-production workflow. Its exceptional sound quality and its ability to tempo-match loops, perform both tiny and huge pitch changes, and process batches of files at once, make it a professional tool as well as one for the keen amateur musician.
* Open and play audio files in numerous formats (MP3, M4A/AAC, WAV, Opus and others), changing the pitch and tempo live as you listen.
* Rubber Band Audio picks up the tempo from the file and you can set it to a chosen target tempo or speed up and slow down as you desire.
* Change the pitch in semitones or smaller increments, or up to two octaves in either direction.
* Save your changes into new audio files in lossless (WAV) or lossy (M4A) formats.
* Make adjustments to a whole folder of files at once, for example to adapt a whole folder of recordings to the same tempo, or to make the same pitch or key adjustment to all of them.
Rubber Band Audio is built for optimal performance on Macs with either Apple Silicon or Intel hardware.
See our website for more information!
This is an enhancement update. The handling of audio device changes is improved, particularly in response to headphones being connected or disconnected. The current settings for processing quality and UI state are now remembered between runs of the application. Finally, this release substantially improves the quality and mono-compatibility of the center-focus mode of the Finer (R3) processing engine.
Ratings and Reviews
I play in a band in which our singer often needs to change the key for optimal vocal quality. I just downloaded it, and it does what it’s supposed to do. Very simple and easy to use interface. I can now practice along with the original recording in the proper key. Assuming it continues to work, it’s totally a five star app!
Simple, reliable, versatility as if reads your mind. Features found NOT even in very expenise apps. So very straight forward! Get it!
Does exactly what it is supposed to!
I was having the hardest time transposing audio files down a whole step to practice guitar parts in the right key. It used to take me about 15 mins per song to transpose the audio in ProTools. With this app it has now decreased down to about 30 seconds a song. Rubber Band doesn't do a lot, but it definitely does what it is supposed to do, and it does it well. Also works with .mp4 files which is huge. I highly recommend this app...
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Particular Programs Ltd
- 20.6 MB
- Requires macOS 10.13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Copyright 2023 Particular Programs Ltd
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.