Great for home schooling! And great to take in the car or to the beach...no WiFi is ever required after the initial download is complete.
En inglés y español!
• A truly unique App that tells the story of Ruff's search for his bone, on Earth and elsewhere!
• Winner of a MOM'S CHOICE Gold Award
• Winner of a PARENTS' CHOICE Award
• Winner of the EDITOR'S CHOICE AWARD from Children's Technology Review
• A fully interactive storybook for young and emerging readers
• Based on the award winning title originally published by Living Books
"Ruff's Bone is an animated interactive storybook that follows Ruff the dog's zany hunt for his bone from the yard next door to another planet and back home again. Almost every object is animated and our kid testers had predictable fun searching for the hidden animated surprise on each page. Tension builds as users try to beat Ruff in finding his bone. This app is based on the gifted Eli Noyes' book of the same title.
The developer is to be commended for advancing reading skill development in a well-crafted, extremely intelligent manner."
- Jo Hunter ©2013 Parents' Choice
Have you ever wished you could play inside a story and really interact with all the characters and words? Now you can! Ruff’s Bone is an imaginative and interactive reading experience with fully animated content loved by children, parents and teachers alike.
Wanderful brings every page of this remarkable story to life. Read and play along as the Ruff searches for his bone – from the bottom of the ocean to another planet. Will he find his bone and bring it back to his master?
• Interactive storybook in English and Spanish
• Change language from any page in the story
• 12 fully animated and adventurous pages
• Virtually every item on each page comes to life when tapped
• All words are “active” for extended word play and language learning – tap on any word to hear it spoken
• A hidden animated surprise on each page –can you find Ruff’s bone before he does?
• Move between pages with the new scrolling page navigation
• Multiple settings to customize the App for your child’s reading experience
• Two modes: “Read to Me” and the fully interactive “Let Me Play”
• Parental tips to help you get the most out of this Wanderful interactive storybook
• Teacher resources include a 32 page overview of Wanderful interactive storybooks Classroom Activities and a free Preview of the Ruff's Bone Classroom Activities guide
• The full 66 page Ruff’s Bone Classroom Activities guide is available as a premium in-app upgrade
Wanderful’s goal is to bring outstanding interactive storybooks to a new generation of children. We hope Ruff’s Bone provides your family, children and students with hours of story play.
Ruff’s Bone is written by Oscar-nominated Eli Noyes, whose work includes projects for Sesame Street, HBO, Scholastic, Nickelodeon, MTV, Pixar, Disney and Oxygen Media.
Wanderful creates engaging interactive storybooks for children that are educational, fun, and above all safe and appropriate. This app:
• does not collect any information
• does not contain ads
• contains an in-app purchase
• includes active links to websites or social networks, but ONLY from the PARENTS and TEACHERS pages, not from the storybook pages
• uses analytics to improve our app experience, and only in aggregate and never with personally identifiable data
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
Optimized for full 64-bit performance.
Fixed an iOS 11 specific issue with certain buttons and page scroller.
Ratings and Reviews
Best Interactive Storybooks for Children
Your storybook apps are my child's favorite apps on the iPad. They are the best interactive books for engaging children, and helping children to learn to read. They are fun, engaging, packed with tons of variety to hold the child's attention, and are easy for children to learn to navigate. The arrows for page turning provide great visual cues.
Thank you for the many happy and wonderful hours you have given my son.
My older son had this on the PC way back in the mid 90’s when it was Living Books. Now my younger son enjoys them on his iPad! I still have all the old CD Roms , but of course no computer that will still run them! If only I could find a copy of Dos 3.1 or Win 95! My older son still enjoys the stories and interaction involved!
Great for kids learning spanish
The main reason I buy book apps on the ipad right now is to supplement my 6 and 9 year old's spanish lessons. This book app is one of my favorites. They have been taking after school spanish lessons once a week for about a year and a half, and while there were words that we didn't know, we were able to guess the meaning from the context. They think it is hilarious, so they will read it again and again. Also, the narration in spanish is good. We love it!
Some other book apps that we enjoyed for supplementing spanish lessons were: "de cabeza" and "scruffy kitty" and "2 tigers". We also really like a book that you can find if you search for " sombreros" and " bot" in the app Store.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Wanderful, Inc.
- 110.3 MB
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 6.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2013, Wanderful, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Premium $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.