• A fully interactive storybook for young and emerging readers
• Based on the award winning titles originally published by Living Books
• Educational Volume Discount now available
"Ruff's Bone is an animated interactive storybook by Wanderful that follows Ruff the dog's zany hunt for his bone from the yard next door to another planet and back home again. Almost every object is animated and our kid testers had predictable fun searching for the hidden animated surprise on each page. Tension builds as users try to beat Ruff in finding his bone. This app is based on the gifted Eli Noyes' book of the same title.
Wanderful includes a customizable settings page so that parents/teachers can program for individual learning and play styles. Multi-lingual (English and Spanish) language as well as individual word recognition are available in the "let me play" mode. Ruff's Bone is happily silly and the humor was appreciated, even if the app did not offer the emotional depth of Wanderful's other apps. The developer is to be commended for advancing reading skill development in a well-crafted, extremely intelligent manner."
- Jo Hunter, Parents' Choice
Have you ever wished you could play inside a story and really interact with all the characters and words? Now you can! Ruff's Bone is an imaginative and interactive reading experience with fully animated content loved by children, parents and teachers alike.
Wanderful brings every page of this remarkable to life. Read and play along as the Ruff searches for his bone - from the bottom of the ocean to another planet. Will he find his bone and bring it back to his master?
• Interactive storybook in English and Spanish
• Change language from any page in the story
• 12 fully animated and adventurous pages
• Virtually every item on each page comes to life when clicked
• All words are "active" for extended word play and language learning - click on any word to hear it spoken
• A hidden animated surprise on each page -can you find Ruff's bone before he does?
• Move between pages with the new scrolling page navigation
• Multiple settings to customize the App for your child's reading experience
• Two modes: "Read to Me" and the fully interactive "Let Me Play"
• Parental tips to help you get the most out of this Wanderful interactive storybook
• Teacher resources include a 32 page Wanderful interactive storybooks Classroom Activities Overview and the full 66 page Ruff’s Bone Classroom Activities Guide
Wanderful's goal is to bring outstanding interactive storybooks to a new generation of children. We hope Ruff's Bone provides your family, children and students with hours of story play.
Ruff's Bone is written by Oscar-nominated Eli Noyes, whose work includes projects for Sesame Street, HBO, Scholastic, Nickelodeon, MTV, Pixar, Disney and Oxygen Media.
Wanderful creates engaging interactive storybooks for children that are educational, fun, and above all safe and appropriate. This app:
• does not collect any information
• does not contain ads
• does not contain in-app purchases, but has links to other Wanderful Apps
• includes active links to websites or social networks, but ONLY from the PARENTS and TEACHERS pages, not from the storybook pages
Optimized for full 64-bit performance, and now using Metal instead of OpenGL for graphics display.
Ratings and Reviews
Disappointing to say the least.
First, the app is well made, it does runs smoothly. But at $10, I was disappointed to discover it was a single story that my young burgeoning reader was able to master in her first go around. The adventure was limited at best to a few clicks on each screen to see funny (sort-of) animations, but it was linear with no surprises, and nothing to gain her attention again now that she’s gone through it. And, to top it off, the story isn’t that interesting.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Wanderful, Inc.
- 91.7 MB
- Requires macOS 10.14 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Copyright (c) 2013, 2021 Wanderful, Inc.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.