Here comes the the crazy twin-sister of Ruismaker, designed for people who want to design their own percussion sounds from scratch.
Ruismaker FM's simple, yet flexible synthesis engine lets you create anything from snaredrums, kickdrums and spacy toms to weird and unconventional percussive sounds and effects.
Ruismaker FM is a unique drumsynth plugin (i.e. it does not use samples), which is coupled with a creative Euclidean sequencer when run in standalone mode.
The plugin is fully AUv3 (Audio Unit) compatible:
- Seamless integration with Garageband and other AU hosts
- Audio Unit Instrument: making music on iOS doesn't get more convenient
- Supports AUv3 Multi-Out in AUM and ApeMatrix
- Each sound is modeled using authentic analog and FM algorithms;
- Comes with dozens of unique customizable models
- Does not use any samples; all sounds are synthesized in realtime, on the fly
- Light on the CPU, so you can run lots of Ruismaker FMs simultaneously
- Fully automatable parameters (requires host support) and MIDI CC controllable
- Has its own preset manager
The standalone sequencer is refreshingly different:
- Program patterns using Euclidean algorithms
- Powerful random feature and mutation probability settings per channel
- Syncs with Ableton Link or MIDI Clock
- Exports WAV and MIDI
- Compatible with Audiobus 3 (including MIDI IN/OUT mode)
- CoreMIDI In and Out
- AU MIDI output for on-screen pads
User manual available on Ruismaker.com
Minor internal fix
Ratings and Reviews
Solid and Useful.
Bram is clearly a musician himself. Every single instrument, effect, or anything this developer touches is iOS gold. This Ruismaker is no exception. Functional, USEFUL, AND more importantly in my opinion, loads of fun because of the ease of use and stability. Thank you Sir Bram for your over the top contributions to our hobbies, crafts, and for some like myself, a working part of my daily life. 10 Stars.
Intuitive, fun sequencer and great 80s sound
FM synthesis is not intuitive or straightforward, but Bram has written a great manual ( available on the website) that explains how to use the controls to get interesting sounds out of this app.
The Euclidean sequencer is great- I’ve been using it to make odd-time loops and Radiohead-style polyrhythms, and it is very straightforward to understand and fun to play with
Active and Responsive Developer, Great Sounds, AUv3 what more could you want!
I own every product from this developer. I am in support of developers embracing the AUv3 standard, especially when it sounds this good. Lots of consistency and simple, but powerful control options. Lots of constant updates with new features. Highly recommended.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Bram Bos
- 10.9 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2016-2020 Bram Bos
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.