The #1 mobile law library app.
“I'm very impressed by what this app can do.” “It includes all of the features that you would want.” iPhone J.D.
“What helps set rulebook apart from its competition is the fact that you can treat it like you would a paper version of the rules. You can highlight sections (there are a few different highlight colors to choose from), make notes on sections, and bookmark sections. . . .” Third Apple
“Rulebook is well worth picking up and using.” MacLitigator
Using your court rules and other legal authorities has never been easier. Download this app and some of our free books (Federal Rules of Evidence, U.S. Constitution, etc.) and discover for yourself why the editors of The Bluebook®, A Uniform System of Citation®* and other leading publishers have chosen Rulebook™ to be the exclusive mobile publishing platform for their respective works. Access The Bluebook® and other leading copyrighted works along with all your federal and state court rules on one app—all of which are kept current through regular updates.
Take all the rules you have downloaded anywhere you go and quickly access them without the need for an internet connection. Download once; use anywhere.
With Rulebook™ you can:
* Search your entire library by key words or phrases.
* Touch any word to highlight, take notes, copy, print, and/or bookmark any amount of text.
* Navigate easily from rule to rule by swiping the screen or jumping to the rule using the active table of contents feature.
* Keep multiple rules and authorities open at once and toggle easily back and forth between authorities with Rulebook’s multitask function.
* Double tap anywhere in a rule to identify immediately what subsection of the rule you are viewing for easy citation.
* Jump directly to cited internal and external sources through active hyperlinks.
* Enjoy having all your content automatically kept up to date without losing any of your highlights, notes or bookmarks through Rulebook’s proprietary update tool.
To watch a 90-second video highlighting some of these features search for "rulebook app video" in your internet browser and select "Rulebook App for Lawyers" from the list.
Enterprise solutions are also available for law firms and other legal organizations. Contact email@example.com for additional information.
*The trademark and copyright in the Bluebook® are jointly owned by the Columbia Law Review Association, Inc., the Harvard Law Review Association, the University of Pennsylvania Law Review, and The Yale Law Journal Company, Inc., used under license.
Thank you for being a Rulebook user! In this update:
* Now you can find a word on the page you are viewing by pulling the screen down to reveal a search field. Pull the screen down by putting your finger on the title of the page and pulling downward. You can also use this feature to jump to a different rule in the book you are viewing. Of course, you can still search an entire book or across your entire library by accessing the search feature from the menu.
* You can sort your books in any order you wish by tapping on the up and down arrow icon on the home screen and then dragging the horizonal lines next to the book title up or down. You can also drag your most used books all the way up to the My Favorites section for easier access.
* You can open up the menu either by tapping on the menu icon at the top of the page, or, from the home screen, swiping the page from left to right.
* Bug fixes to make Rulebook an even greater resource for you.
Ratings and Reviews
Edit: fixed many issues
The app works well for me now although I had a horrible experience with it at first. It’s a good way to access rulebooks on iPad.
My original review:
[I bought the bluebook 20 ed. through in app purchase and was unable to access it even after troubleshooting with the FAQ section. I tried to email support and my email was returned undeliverable. I tried to access the support website through the App Store and the domain was no longer valid. I heard about this app through the bluebook website. You would think they would vet their partners better. This app has been less than worthless to me (to the tune of $40.) I feel ripped off.]
As other reviewers have said, this app is great when it works. I downloaded it in order to purchase an electronic copy of the Blue Book for my iPad, and it's great to have a searchable reference like that with me on the go. When it doesn't crash.
For example, I just tried accessing rule 3.1. The first time I opened the app, it crashed when I clicked on rules. The second time I opened the app, it crashed when I clicked on rule three. Does it sound like I'm making progress and the third time's the charm? Well, nuts to you, because it crashed the third time too the same way!
But seriously. I spent $40 on this book; I have the newest model iPad with the most up to date iOS. And this is an app that displays text. No graphics, no complex processes, just text. This just isn't acceptable in an age where we've had iPads and kindles for about a decade, especially considering it's the full price of a hard copy. This app would be great, if it ever worked for me.
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us feedback. First, my apologies for responding belatedly. The ability to respond to customer feedback was just recently made possible by Apple. Second, I wanted to let you know that we have already addressed the crashing and iPad issues, and recently released a vastly improved version of the app, which I believe you will really like. Please check it out! Hopefully, you will feel inclined to adjust your review after you do so, but most importantly, I want to make sure that we have addressed your concern to your satisfaction. If I can be of further help to you in any way, or if you have any other concerns, please shoot me an email directly at firstname.lastname@example.org, and I will get right back to you. Thanks!
Finally fixed issue! (Old Update did not Work!!!)
This is an update to my one star review dated from when casemaker took over this app. I am glad to report that the app works again including working off line. However, the earlier product was cleaner and easier to use, so I still consider it a little bit of a step back. However, The last debacle with the update totally not functioning has left a bad taste in my mouth. I am a professional and I need apps I can rely on. The solution from Casemaker took weeks and professionals need to know that an app will be there when it is needed. However, it works now, so upgrade to 4 stars.
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us feedback. First, my apologies for responding belatedly. The ability to respond to customer feedback was just recently made possible by Apple. Second, I wanted to let you know that we long ago addressed what I believe was your issue, and recently released a vastly improved version of the app, which I believe you will really like. Please check it out! Hopefully, you will feel inclined to adjust your review after you do so, but most importantly, I want to make sure that we have addressed your concern to your satisfaction. If I can be of further help to you in any way, or if you have any other concerns, please shoot me an email directly at email@example.com, and I will get right back to you. Thanks!
- ReadyReferenceApps, LLC
- 8 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Ready Reference Apps, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Federal Rules of Evidence Free
- Manual on Usage & Style - Sample $18.99
- United States Constitution Free
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.