RUMlog is a contact logging tool for amateur radio, very similar and log file compatible to the Mac logger RUMlogNG.
* Use the same log file on your Mac computer
* 4 user definable logging fields
* Exchange the logs via iTunes Filesharing, iCloud or Files
* Import ADIF files via email, clipboard, iCloud or Files
* Export ADIF files via email, clipboard, iCloud or Files
* Log your QSOs up to 3cm
* Logging includes DXCC, heading and distance calculations
* eQSL and/or LoTW users will be identified during logging
* Can save your current position into the Note field, useful for portable or mobile operation
* Sunset and sunrise calculations
* RUMlog keeps track of your worked and confirmed countries
* Direct log upload to eQSL (iPad only)
* Direct QSL download from eQSL
* Direct QSL download from LoTW
* Direct log/QSO upload to Club Log
* Integrated telnet DX cluster, including a spot collector
* DX cluster command macros
* LoTW ans eQSL users are marked in a dx spot
* Real Time Grayline Map, showing short and log path to the station
* HamQTH.com and qrz.com integration
* Basic data exchange with Elecraft, Icom, Kenwood and Yaesu transceivers using the pigtail hardware (http://pignology.net) (iPad and few TRX only)
* Full control panel for Elecraft K3, KX3 and KX2 (iPad only)
* Work RTTY, PSK and CW using the Elecraft transceivers built in functions (iPad only)
* DXCC table with counter (including Deleted DXCCs)
* Layout issue fixed in the TRX control panel (iPad only)
* ADIF tag [PROP_MODE] added to the options for user-defined logging fields
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Love the logging app.
Love this app. It’s a nice companion to my Mac version of RUMlogNG.
Export & Import ADIF?
Using QRZ’s logbook adif file as an import to the app was difficult. First, I had to change the file to a txt document type and then copy & paste to the app’s adif section. Second, I had to hand correct multiple mistakes. Even though my adif file was in a folder on iCloud, the app did not recognize it.
Once all my files were corrected, I had hoped to export my new RUMlog as an adif file. This option is not available as stated in the Apple store description.
Developer Response ,
See here for options available: http://dl2rum.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=729
Pesky rate me
I've been using the app less than five minutes and it's prompted me for a rating three times. FFS, please give me a chance to use it!
In those five minutes I see some useful functionality but it's just a bit off. For example there is an option to import from Dropbox but this doesn't actually import an ADIF - that's further down on the settings. I think it's meant for the database? maybe use the file extension and make it generic?
After importing I hoped to see QSOs on the map but it's only showing my point and the region lines. It's not zoomable.
Will spend more time playing with it.
Developer Response ,
According the documentation from Apple you may be asked for a review three times a year only as maximum. It seems, you have got the jackpot in 5 minutes. :-)
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.