Run 10km (6.2 miles) with this simple series of interval workouts designed to gradually build your endurance. The Run 10k app is perfect for beginner runners and former runners who want to start running again. This app has voice cues that guide you even when your screen is locked. The app tells you when to run and walk and gives audio cues for distance and pace when you use GPS. You can use this app outside, on a track, or in the gym.
• Apple Watch app—you can leave your phone at home while you workout with our Watch app, or continue to use our Watch app together with the iPhone app.
• Speaks pace, distance, intervals, and halfway point.
• Optionally uses GPS for pace and distance. (You can also use this app on a treadmill or indoor track without GPS.)
• Animated, spoken stretching programs.
• Tap out your heart rate on the heart icon.
• Supports Bluetooth heart rate monitors.
• Integrates with the Health app.
ABOUT the WORKOUTS
• 13-week training program for beginners.
• Each workout ranges from 40 to 76 minutes long.
• Interval training alternates between jogging and walking.
• Workout intervals gradually become more challenging.
• Tapers in the last week for your 10k race.
• 5-minute warmup and 5-minute cooldown, which are optional.
• Speaks each jog and walk interval, the halfway mark, and 1-minute-left mark.
• Optionally speaks pace and distance information every mile or km.
• Automatically checks off each completed workout and records your date, pace, and distance.
COMING FROM RUN 5K?
If you’ve completed our Run 5k app and you're feeling good, you can start on Week 4 or 5 of our Run 10k app to continue your training. If you’re a couch potato, start from Week 1, or check out our Run 5k app first.
AUDIO CUES and NOTIFICATIONS
If you’re not getting Notifications in the background, open the Settings app, select Notifications, then scroll down to find Run 10k in the list. Tap on Run 10k and turn on Notification Center, choose an alert style, and turn everything else on (Sound, Badge App Icon, Lock Screen). Check your volume and make sure your ringer switch is not set to silent/vibrate.
This app can be integrated with the Health app. Your weight set in the Health app can be used to calculate Calories burned during a workout, and the total Active Calories burned can be saved to Health app after each workout. Sharing this information to the Health app is optional.
GPS and LOCATION
To show distance and pace information, Run 10k can use GPS location tracking during a workout. For best results, use this app outside where you can see open sky. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Legal Disclaimer: This app and any information given by it or by Felt Tip Inc are for educational purposes only. They are not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always consult your healthcare provider before beginning any fitness program.
Run 10k was created by Lucius Kwok, Agnes Chan, and Kasten Searles. Made in NYC.
• Fixed a bug where the Apple Watch workouts were being recorded as a walk rather than a run in the Health app.
• Fixed a bug with how pace is shown in the workout completed screen.
Ratings and Reviews
Wish I could get a refund!
The app itself is fine and the watch app works great my problem is with the running plan itself....it's the worst plan I have ever used! Switched to the free version of running for weight loss so much better!
Great programs to run with
I have been using these apps for at least 4 years. I appreciate the interval training and it builds moderately to the 5k and now I am trying the 10k. I have never entered a race, I just use these to get exercise and stay in shape for other activities. The stretches are also helpful and I never get too sore after I run. I even use them after cross country skiing. I just wish there was a maintenance app. Mostly I just go back and repeat weeks to vary the workouts.
I’ve used this app for two couch-to-10k journeys running and one on an elliptical. It does the job and even has support for Workouts/Fitness with the Apple Watch.
The only nit I’d pick is that the time on the watch doesn’t count properly during the workout. It seems to only count when the watch display is showing, so it’s way off by the middle of the workout.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Felt Tip Inc.
- 77.9 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Felt Tip Inc.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.