The cat runs at the speed according to the CPU usage of your Mac.
By looking at the running of a cat, you can see how much CPU load is.
• You can purchase various Runners at the Runners Store.
- Golden Cat (Special Color Version)
- Metal Cluster Cat
- Jack Russell Terrier
- Penguin 2
- Hamster Wheel
- Newton's Cradle
- Sine wave
- Hot Coffee
- Steam Locomotive
- Tapioca Drink
- Reindeer & Sleigh (Xmas)
- Snowman (Xmas)
- Wind Chime (Summer in Japan)
- Sparkler (Summer in Japan)
- Jack-o'-Lantern (Halloween)
- Ghost (Halloween)
- Mochi (Japanese New Year)
• It is also possible to always display the system information on the menu bar.
• You can check CPU usage, Memory performance, Disk capacity, and Network connection.
• You can register self-made Runner (In-App Purchase).
- Adjusted the display color of RunCat on menu-bar.
- Fixed the issue that images whose height is 36px are not loaded when you register a self-made runner.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Back to being a great app
Previous version was sweet — lots of animations to pick from and they looked great in the menu bar. Version 3.0 comes with only 3 animations and on my iMac running High Sierra with 2 monitors it’s just a white box on a black menu bar. Worthless. Hopefully the developer will address the issue. If you have a previous version, I suggest you don’t update.
UPDATE: I wrote the above review on 1/24 and the developer quicky fixed the issue. And a running human was added. Loving this app again.
Revised rating for 2019 (UPDATE AVAILABLE!)
What was once a simple, great app has fallen victim to the Andrew Wilson mindset of consumption - everything that was once taken for granted as a basic feature is now hidden behind a paywall. Looking forward to the original cat also becoming a "DLC".
What a joke.
UPDATE: Why on earth is the developer pushing out changes EVERY DAY?! Can you please just leave some animations as defaults and hide the rest behind your paywall, without having to update every day? This is the third time in 3 days there's an update available. I'm very tempted to find another app to do this task.
Love it, but lost my purchases
This is one of my favorite apps, very cute, but I lost access to the special runners I paid for with one of the updates. My favorite runner was the octopus and now I'd have to pay a second time in order to get access to it. :( Doesn't seem to be any real way to contact the developer either.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for using my app.
Did you push the restore button bottom of the Runners Store page?
- Takuto Nakamura
- 8 MB
macOS 10.14 or later, 64-bit processor
- Age Rating
- © 2018-2020 Takuto Nakamura
- In-App Purchases
- Snowman $0.99
- Reindeer & Sleigh $0.99
- Cheetah $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.