Runmeter is the most advanced application for runners. Built for iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and iCloud, it makes your iPhone a powerful fitness computer — with maps, graphs, splits, intervals, laps, announcements, zones, training plans and more.
• Obsessively complete — Wired
• Records a wealth of data — Macworld
• Clean, easy-to-use — New York Times
Experience core features and dependability for free, then upgrade to Elite to add advanced features.
Powered by your iPhone
• Tracks cycling, running, walking, hiking, skiing, kayaking, and more.
• Swipe across the stopwatch to see pages of stats, maps, and graphs - completely configurable.
• Analyze your workouts on your iPad, updated with your latest data using iCloud.
Private & Secure
• Your workout data is securely stored on your iPhone — years of workouts only take up the space of a few songs.
• No user names or passwords are required.
• Share workout data if you wish using email, Strava, MyFitnessPal, Twitter, Facebook.
• Live tracking is optional and only with friends you invite.
• Optional iCloud backup is encrypted.
• Track heart rate, bike speed, bike cadence, and bike power with sensors.
• Track step cadence and steps.
• Use your iPhone's barometric altimeter to measure ascent & descent.
• Detect stops automatically.
• View terrain and traffic maps with Google Maps.
• Automatically record temperature and weather.
• Use Siri to start, stop, lap, and ask for statistics.
• Select from more than hundreds of configurable announcements including distance, time, speed, elevation, and heart rate.
• Hear stats on-demand, or at time and distance intervals.
Free Live-Tracking and Messaging
• Automatically share your location, path, and statistics with family and friends.
• Messages are automatically spoken to you with text-to-speech.
• Share an online Workout Explorer for analyzing workouts.
• Share by email, Twitter, Facebook, Strava, or MyFitnessPal.
• Use HealthKit to export or import your workouts in the Health app and to read heart rate and biometric data.
• Share to your iPhone calendar and your online calendars.
• Imports and exports GPX, TCX, FIT, KML, and CSV.
• Analyze your split, interval, and zone performance.
• Keep on track with configurable interval training, zones, and targets.
• Compete against your previous workouts along a route.
• Includes 5K, 10, half, and marathon running plans.
• Design your own training plans.
• Start, stop, lap and finish a workout all from the Apple Watch.
• Bring your iPhone with you on your workouts. Does not support standalone use.
• Includes beautiful gauge pages with zones.
Elite includes a 7-day free trial. Payment will be charged to iTunes Account after confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, at the same price. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription, where applicable.
Bug fixes and other improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I’m getting back into running after many years off. I’ve tried all of the current crop of apps. Nothing is as flexible and configurable as this. Although the Apple Watch app is not “stand-alone” (bummer since I have an Apple Watch 3), the screens are beautiful and customizable. Audio cues are customizable.
In addition, the training plan is infinitely customizable. To be fair, it’s generic for say a 5k/10k and doesn’t have a “dynamic” component (where it’s modified every week) With others (mapmyrun, Runkeeper,) it’s surprisingly difficult to modify plans, switch a run from one day to another, etc....
I don’t know why this app isn’t more popular. As someone who has spent a bunch of time comparing the options ( including the premium versions) this was the best fit for me. Please pay the modest fee for the Elite version and continue to support it!
Lots of potential
First, they get 5 stars for support. I couldn’t get my Polar heart rate strap to work and I emailed them. Got a reply in less than 30 minutes, on a weekend, with a fix that worked. Pair it to the phone, not the watch.
Unfortunately the heart rate does not update very often on the watch app. It seems to only work when the phone is unlocked. Beyond that, the app has tons of potential. Great stats for running and walking. However, the interface really needs some help. All the right info is there, but it’s not pleasant to look at or use. On the watch screens you have to scroll to see all the info. I also enjoyed the running plans, the interval training features, and the emailing of runs to let others know where I am.
If the heart rate screen worked better on the watch I maybe would have paid the yearly fee. If it had that plus a better interface, it would be easy to pay for it. I’ll check back later to see how it develops.
Developer Response ,
Glad to hear that our support team was able to help you to get your Polar HRM working with the app. Not sure what problem you encountered, but displaying heart rate will be constantly updated on your watch even when your iPhone is locked. We do appreciate your feedback on the app design. And just FYI, you can customize all of the watch screens in the app to display your own choices for statistics and pages.
Best running app out there
I’ve been a Garmin guy for the past 15+ years but decided to see if I could switch to my Apple watch and be as happy. I tried a bunch of apps but didn’t find one that I liked better than my Garmin until this one. It does EVERYTHING and then some. My favorite feature is one that surprisingly few apps offer, the ability to compete against your previous times on a rout (ghost runner feature). This is something Garmin has always had and I’m glad to see in incorporated into this app. The only thing lacking is the ability to use it as a stand alone. Currently you have to take your phone along for the ride. I don’t have a problem with this, it fits nicely into my running belt, but I know others do.
Developer Response ,
We are thrilled to hear that we have been able to replace your Garmin! Thanks for your excellent review!
- Abvio Inc.
- 85.5 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 11.0 and watchOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2020 Abvio Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Elite Upgrade $9.99
- Elite Upgrade $9.99
- Elite Upgrade $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.