Rural Heritage is a bimonthly magazine covering all aspects of self-sufficient living and operating small diversified farms with an emphasis on draft animal power including draft horses, mules, donkeys and oxen.
Topics include logging and farming with horses, raising vegetables, grains and meat animals for local markets, training and maintaining draft animals, making the most of your existing resources to do more with less, and much more.
A free sample issue, June/July 2011 is available after downloading the app.
Other individual issues cost $3.99 each.
1 Year subscription (6 issues) - $21.99 (automatically renews until cancelled).
Your subscription will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase, and will automatically renew (as specified above) unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
Current subscriptions may not be cancelled during the active subscription period, however, you can manage your subscription and/or turn off auto-renewal by visiting your iTunes Account Settings after purchase.
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
- New Design: an intuitive and eye-catching design that looks great on both smaller iPhone and larger iPad screens
- New Article View: Quickly view all articles in the issue from the Issue Gallery (Hub)
- Compatibility updates for iOS 10
- Minor bug fixes and stability enhancements
- Native 64-bit compliant
Ratings and Reviews
Enjoyable digital magazine
Rural Heritage is informational as well as entertaining. I am very interested in draft animals and Rural Heritage stirs that interest. I enjoy reading the articles on resurgence of using drafts on smaller farms. It is also interesting the uses that they are being put to in areas where a machine footprint is not desired. The aspects of using draft animals are becoming lost. My father tells me stories of the days when his father and grandfathers trained 20 mule teams. They raised percheron and percheron crosses and only trained mules. My dad tells of the broodmare barn and the different teams that they used. RH also gives links, sources and materials for the art of using the draft horse, a one resource place to get information.
Really enjoying the past issues and looking forward to future issues. One hiccup though was when downloading some of the issues the whole screen blinked for a few seconds and then I lost everything including photos, pages, keynotes.... Everything. Do not know if it was the install app glitch or download issue glitch or iPad glitch. After the back-up restore I am back to downloading and reading the back issues.
Love this magazine
The best app ever created. I love being able to read on my phone or iPad!!!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Mischka Press Publishing
- 76.4 MB
- Requires iOS 8.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.1 or later.
English, German, Italian, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2017 Reserved
- In-App Purchases
- Rural Heritage 1 Year Subscription - (6 issues) $21.99
- Rural Heritage Aug/Sep 2012 $3.99
- Rural Heritage Oct/Nov 2012 $3.99
- Rural Heritage Jun/Jul 2012 $3.99
- Rural Heritage Apr/May 2013 $3.99
- Rural Heritage Apr/May 2014 $3.99
- Rural Heritage Dec 2014/Jan 2015 $3.99
- Rural Heritage Feb/Mar 2012 $3.99
- Rural Heritage Feb/Mar 2015 $3.99
- Rural Heritage Jul/Aug 2010 $3.99