Ruud today released a new EcoNet® App 2.0 with a complete redesign and a number of functionality improvements. The updated interface prioritizes the monitoring, control and protection aspects of Ruud smart connected products.
Specific product enhancements:
* Gas Water Heaters: new scheduling capability
New features include:
* Simpler account and WiFi set up process
* Text or email option password and account verification
* Multi-account authorization for multiple people to access product controls
* Geo-location assignment for future fencing applications, such as automated away settings coming soon
* Easier to understand performance and service alerts
* More modern design harmonized with the look of the Smart Thermostat
* Superior Usage Reports
* Compare month-to-month, year-to-year
* Downloadable reports for easy bill comparison
* Faster set up and integration with Google Assistant and Alexa
* In-App Rate This App
* In-app tips, Energy Saving Kudos and Partner opportunity promotions
Updated Contractor tools:
* Contractor Connection portal
* Stores contractors contact information on a preferred Vendor screen
* New Diagnostic Screen (onsite troubleshooting assistant)
* More options for one-button service requests (email, call or 1-800 manufacturing line)
EcoNet is developed as a service, and receives new features on a regular basis.
- Now you can sign in to the EcoNet app quickly and easily using Touch ID or Face ID on supported devices
- Bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Getting Better! Still Inconsistent Connection
I came from a Nest too like most here, and that experience spoiled me but they have been updating this app and it’s getting more responsive. I like the button interface option much more! Would love to see some energy usage reports and more control options for systems equipped with humidify/dehumidify and variable speed fans that are as robust as the wall thermostat options.
App still seems to lag from the thermostat and often displays a different ambient temperature and it sometimes when I deviate from the schedule the “Resume Schedule” button doesn’t seem to actually take and will keep popping up after I hit it so I can’t tell if the system is actually back on schedule or not.
Suggestions: Ambient temperature in the fan only mode, usage rates and energy/runtime reports with trend graphs. More intuitive scheduling feature that has custom # of intervals. A widget in iOS to see current temp, set temp and mode status, and an action button to set Home/Away.
EcoNet stat is good. App needs lots of work and fixes
As a simple thermostat home user the app gets by with what is needed for the average joe. For someone more involved the actual communicating thermostat for the high efficiency units works great to see how the units are operating and diagnostics from the thermostat. I just wish these diagnostics and unit information was transferred to the app.
The issue that made me write this review is one of the latest updates has broke the home/away mode. I cannot change the away mode to home through the app with a simple click of the button on the screen. It stays in away mode until I get home and use the thermostat. This is annoying to come home from vacation to a 90 degree house in the summer.
Much better now
Ruud must heard the complaints and released a new version that addressed several issues, at least for heat pump water heaters. Charts are much better- you can get an hour-by-hour view of energy usage. You can see past data in detail. You can choose to set temperature via slider or buttons. This is all useful.
I still don’t see a way, as promised several versions ago, to export data. It still says that Heat Pump Only mode on water heater is not the most efficient. I can’t figure how to delete a time point in the scheduler.
Definitely heading in the right direction now! Thanks!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.