The Royal Veterinary College’s free pet epilepsy tracker app is a new and interactive way to manage your pet’s epilepsy. Key features include:
• Seizure log: allowing you to record the details of your pet’s seizures, including what they look like, what happens during and after them, and how often they have them
• Medication log: allowing you to record details of all of your pet’s medications, their doses and how often they should be given
• Medication reminders: allowing you to set up a reminder alarm for when you should give your pet their medication, allowing for separate alarms for each medication prescribed
• My Pet: allowing you to record your pet’s details, including information about their epilepsy diagnosis and tests carried out, a notes function to record any questions you want to ask your vet, and a contacts log to save details of relevant professionals to have quick access to
• Export function: allowing you to package and send your pet’s seizure diary, medication diary and medical history by email to your vet or any other email account
• Sharing function: for you to anonymously share your pet’s medical history, seizure and medication diaries with the RVC to contribute to future research into canine epilepsy
• Educational material: a wealth of information is included in the app, from the basics of what epilepsy is, how it is diagnosed and identifying different seizure types, to practical advice on what to do when a seizure strikes and good medication practice.
Free, no subscription fees.
Every effort is made to ensure that all information is correct within the app. Please note that information is intended primarily for a UK audience and may change after publishing of the app. This information is not a substitute for advice from your own vets. RVC is not responsible for any actions taken as a result of using this information.
Ratings and Reviews
Please fix bug with dates
As mentioned by the other reviewer, there is a bug that lists the day of the week as one day earlier than it should be when you set the date. For example, Monday, Jan 1 would look like Sunday, Jan 1. I rely on this app to help me track my pet’s seizures so I can report back to the vet. A small problem like this adds unnecessary confusion and potentially error.
Fix the dates already
It seems people have been complaining about the problem with the days of the week showing incorrectly for years on this app. Recognizing triggers is very important with seizure treatment and when your app is saving incorrect info no matter what we enter in the log, it is not helpful! It consistently shows the date we enter but once saved, the day of the week is recorded incorrectly. Many people have discovered that their dogs seizures are a result of house cleaning or yard services and the chemicals being used that occur on a particular day of the week. Knowing the day of the week helps to recognize trends (triggers) so we know what to avoid and change! Fix this issue!
Logs restored in v 1.12
Access to logs restored and push to cloud now works. Developer quickly corrected earlier issues where logs on the device could not be seen. Cloud version will sync your data across multiple devices. If you end up with accidental duplicates you can safely delete each extra log record leaving a single copy of each.
Developer Response ,
Please update to 0.1.12 and follow the below instructions to push your local data - a username and password is required to register for all past users of the app - but all your existing data is safe on your device, and following the update you’ll be able to access your data on multiple devices.
We apologies for the inconvenience, if the app has not been deleted/removed your local data is still available. There is a feature to manually push your local data to the new storage, if it has failed to complete automatically. Please find this by navigating to the settings.
Click [Menu] bottom right of the App, click [Tools] in the popout menu, click [Settings] in the header menu. Scroll down to find [Push Seizure Data To Cloud].
If this feature is not displaying, you will need to update to the latest version (0.1.12 or higher), and also be certain the app has not previously been deleted as unfortunately this would have removed your local data, and the app would need to be restored from a previous iTunes backup.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.