RxHero is an educational game for healthcare students and professionals to learn the top 250 medications in the outpatient setting (also known as the Top 200 Drugs or Top 300 Drugs). RxHero uses a multi-modal, adaptive learning approach with quizzes, matching, and drug spelling combined with a gamification component with quests, campaigns, points, and rankings as you progress through the app.
This app is perfect for pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, physician assistants, nurses, nursing students, physicians, medical students, and other healthcare professionals. The drug database is designed to aid in studying for both students in school and those preparing for standardized exams (eg, NAPLEX, BCPS, PTCB, ExCPT, PANCE/PANRE, NCLEX, USMLE, COMLEX).
== FEATURES ==
• Content includes brand/generic names, drug class, indications, common/rare adverse effects, boxed warnings, counseling pearls, notable drug interactions, and mechanism of action
• Assess your drug therapy knowledge using multiple-choice quizzes, term matching, and drug name spelling
• Adaptive (Leitner) learning mode focuses on drug facts that you haven't mastered yet to optimize your study time
• On-demand drug pronunciations are embedded throughout the app
• Contains the top 250 of the most common outpatient medications based on the ClinCalc DrugStats database (version 19.1)
== GAMIFICATION ==
• Motivate your learning with a unique "gamification" component
• Earn points for answering correctly and bonus points for rapid responses
• Earn higher rankings as you accumulate points
• 5-star system denotes your proficiency with each drug category
• Earn a variety of awards as you reach important game milestones in the app
== AUTHOR INFORMATION ==
This app and all of its content was created by Sean P. Kane, PharmD, BCPS – a clinical pharmacist, associate professor, and author of the popular evidence-based website, ClinCalc.com. The drug list and drug information closely mirrors the popular video-based course series The Top 250 Drugs (http://top250drugs.com).
All users now have access to full drug library; support for newest iOS version + features
Ratings and Reviews
Pretty fun, but some improvements are needed
I just installed this app today and went through all the organ system libraries. The app has a good foundation, but it would be nice if there was a screen following a question you got wrong or skipped that shows the answer along with more info about the drug. I know a solution is to look up the answer on the same or separate device, but it makes sense to just build it into the app. Another thing that would give me peace of mind is to know that the top 250 drugs included in this app is updated yearly PRN (lol), so I know I’m spending my time usefully. Overall, this app has great potential and I’m going to continue using it! I think the addition of the two features I suggested would make this app a must-have for pharmacy students.
I am currently in pharmacy school and finishing up my last year. I stumbled upon this app and have been playing it every day. This is a great refresher for people who need help with brand/generic or MOAs. Overall, I think it’s a great way to test your knowledge and learn a lot of drugs. I do wish that the app was updated more often, and it would tell you why you got a question wrong, but other than that the app works great. Have recommended it to multiple friends/classmates. Anyone who works in healthcare could benefit from this app, not just those who directly work with medication.
Phenomenal Top 250 Drug Resource
I’ve been using the app for about a week to improve my drug class, MOA, brand, and generic recall. I love it! It’s fast paced enough to keep my ADHD satisfied and repetitive enough to drill the topics. I go through each section several times, looking up any drugs I don’t know along the way, then keep repeating until I’m confident and fast. Would recommend for anyone who needs to learn any of the above in a short period of time. (Hidden bonus is definitely the ADR’s)
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- ClinCalc LLC
- 34.7 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- ©2020 - ClinCalc LLC
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.