****Thank you for making us a TOP 25 App in US, UK and Canada App Store category specific rankings!****
Seasonal affective disorder, or SAD, is a kind of depression that appears at certain times of the year. Light therapy is one of the potential treatments for this condition. Almost 80% of the people who try light therapy find it beneficial. This app converts your apple device into a light box.
Why you SHOULD NOT download this App:
1. If you are looking for a SAD Light Box App that generates an intensity of 10,000 Lux
2. If you are looking for a quick fix and can not commit to consistent morning exposure sessions for at least 2 weeks
3. If you will get turned off by the simplicity of this app and the solution to Seasonal Affective Disorder
Why you SHOULD download this App:
1. If you want to try a cheap yet effective alternative to a traditional Light box which uses lower intensity BLUE LIGHT (approx. 100 to 575 Lux) and is backed by research (Google research paper: The effects of low-intensity narrow-band blue-light treatment compared to bright white-light treatment in sub-syndromal seasonal affective disorder by NCBI, US National Library of Medicine)
2. If you would rather be intelligent and try something for a fiver rather than spend a few hundred dollars on a conventional light box
3. If you are able to consistently commit to regular morning exposure sessions for at least 2 weeks
4. If you would be happy with a REALLY SIMPLE APP that transforms your Apple device into a Light box and is more portable and user friendly
5. If the weather is making you sad :( and you would rather be happy :)
This app can also help you:
1. Determine if you are suffering from Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)/ Cabin Fever/ Winter Blues/ Seasonal Depression with help of a short scored test
2. Create your own unique shade of Blue / White / any other color light that works best for you
3. Use the app as a Dawn Simulator (set alarm)
4. Set timer for your light box to time your morning exposure sessions
5. Shop for other products to help with SAD
6. Listen to the Radio in the background
UV Rating: The UV emission from your Apple Device is 0, hence this app does not have a UV rating.
Some other activities you might want to try to deal with symptoms of Seasonal Affective Disorder are:
• End your morning shower with a cold shower
• Try to arrange the spaces you spend time in to maximize sunlight exposure
• Keep curtains open during the day
• Trim tree branches or hedges that may be blocking some of the light from getting into your home
• Move furniture so that you sit near a window or, if you exercise indoors, set up your exercise equipment by a window
• Install skylights and add lamps
• Build physical activity into your lifestyle preferably before SAD symptoms take hold. Physical activity relieves stress, builds energy and increases both your physical and mental well-being and resilience
• Make a habit of taking a daily noon-hour walk, particularly if you commute to school or work in the dark hours of the day
• Meditate at least 20 min a day (focus on your breathing)
• Try High intensity training if you are fit enough and have less time
• Maintain good sleep hygiene
• When all else fails, try a winter vacation in sunny climates—if the pocket and work schedule allow. Keep in mind that the symptoms will recur after you return home
REFUND POLICY: If you consistently use the App for 14 days and show us that you genuinely tried but did not get any results, WE WILL REFUND 100% OF YOUR MONEY. *Subject to terms and conditions of Apple Inc. and the Apple App Store.
Smile, because somewhere far away, we are cheering for you :)
*THIS APP MUST NOT BE USED TO SUBSTITUTE ANY MEDICATION/ MEDICAL DEVICE. THE CREATORS/ PUBLISHERS OF THIS APP WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGE RESULTING AS A USE OF THIS APP. PLEASE CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE MAKING ANY CHANGES. NO PART OF THIS DESCRIPTION OR APP MUST BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE*
Bug fixes and performance enhancements to improve reliability of the alarm.
Ratings and Reviews
Waste of money
It’s “simple” because there’s just a blue screen. That’s it. The “support page” is a Facebook page that was created a couple weeks ago & there’s no way to actually turn the screen white, like it implies. Buggy & extremely difficult to find any real FAQs or ways to contact anyone for a refund. I’ve been messing with it for an hour & still nothing. Another wasted $5 for a useless app.
Developer Response ,
Hi skippy05, Thanks for reaching out. We apologise for your unfavourable experience in using the app. Research from US National Library of Medicine confirming how low intensity blue light (100 Lux) and can have the same effect as high intensity white light (10,000 Lux) in sub-syndromal SAD can be found here: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4758137/
Hence, although simple, some people find this useful. Please contact us at email@example.com so that we can address your concerns/ provide steps re obtaining a refund. Best Wishes, Addy
Great App for SAD
I use this app on days when I am travelling. It is a great (not to mention lighter and cheaper!) substitute for my light box. I use it on my iPhone and iPad. I find it convenient to just place my iPhone/ iPad next to the mirror in the bathroom (at Max brightness) whilst I am brushing my teeth/ getting ready etc. My morning exposure session has a duration of about 20-25min. Hope it works for you too :)
Finally a light Box app!!
I love this app because of its simplicity. Just having it by my bedside on my iPad whilst i read the morning paper really helps ease my SAD symptoms. I recommend trying it for 5-7 days before you can start feeling a difference 👍🏼
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Aaditya Garg
- 55 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- Copyright © 2020 Aaditya Garg
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.