Sally & Possum Season 1. The world’s first app exclusively in Australian Sign Language (Auslan). Join TV’s Sally & Possum as they combine Auslan and game-based learning to improve literacy and numeracy in deaf and hearing-impaired children aged 4-6.
Sally & Possum the Game
Complementing the literacy and numeracy objectives of the Sally & Possum Season One television series, the Sally & Possum Game is also fun filled and delivered entirely using Auslan.
You don’t need to have seen the series to play the game!
Join Sally & Possum as you play 30 great games and complete a bunch of fun challenges. Use your spelling skills to unlock new games. Select special Auslan flash cards to reveal new episodes and sort through the Auslan sign bank to win.
30 Games & 3 Levels
• Spelling - watch the Auslan sign and finger spelling, then unjumble the letters to spell the word.
• Flash cards - watch the Auslan sign and finger spelling, then select the object from four options.
• Sorting - watch the Auslan sign and finger spelling of items on a list, then select them in the correct order.
Sign bank 130+ words
Each word has:
• Auslan sign
• Auslan finger spelling (and letter-spell accompanying)
• Example sentence in Auslan using the word
• English (Audio)
Watch as a special finger spells alphabet. Explore each letter individually or play the full alphabet!
Who are Sally & Possum?
Odd couple Sally & Possum are best friends. Together they use Auslan to find fun filled solutions to everyday problems - all while boosting literacy and numeracy proficiency.
Sally is smart. She always knows what to do. She’s also kind and caring and has lots of friends. Sally lives in a pretty little house. Her home is ‘deaf-friendly’ and has silent doorbell that flashes a light when it is pressed.
Possum is silly. His inquisitive nature finds himself getting into all sorts of funny situations. If he ever needs help or wants to have fun, he asks his best friend Sally. Possum lives in a great big tree in Sally’s front yard. It too is ‘deaf-friendly’ and full of interesting stuff.
Sally & Possum the TV Show
Working closely with the Queensland Department of Education and the deaf community, Season One of Sally & Possum features 15 unique episodes. The television series combines live action with animation to create a visually rich and rewarding experience. Complemented by the Queensland kindergarten curriculum and using play based learning, the show is both educational and exciting.
Shot and produced entirely in Queensland by Khemistry, Season One features performances from Play School’s Jay Laga'aia and is available on ABC iView and DVD.
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
Ratings and Reviews
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Department of Education Queensland
- 543.6 MB
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2016 The State of Queensland (Department of Education and Training)