Sally & Possum Season 2. Sally & Possum are back! Join them as they continue their quest for knowledge and adventure using Australian Sign Language (Auslan) in a series of challenging and rewarding games.
Sally & Possum the Game
Sally & Possum Season 2 is even more challenging. Targeting critical literacy and numeracy curriculum for children aged 6-8, games are based on 15 episodes from the hit television Sally & Possum Season 2.
Season 2 is jam-packed! Full of fun and games.
• Increased level of difficulty
• Introduction of numeracy
• More complex main navigation
• Less hints and clues
• New theme and topics
• Increased player interaction
Sign bank including numbers
All the words from the Sally & Possum Season 1 Game are combined with the words from Season 2 to create a sign bank of more than 250 words. Season 2 sign bank also includes numbers - accompanied by a graphic of the corresponding number.
30 Games & 3 Levels
• Spelling - watch the Auslan sign and finger spelling, then unjumble the letters to spell the word.
• Numeracy - watch the Auslan sign and finger spelling maths problems, then select the correct answer from three options.
• Sorting - watch the Auslan sign and finger spelling of items on a list, then place them in the correct order.
Sign bank 250+ words
Each word has:
• Auslan sign
• Auslan finger spelling (and letter-spell accompanying)
• Example sentence in Auslan using the word
• English (Audio)
Learn the entire alphabet in finger spelling. Explore each letter individually or play the full alphabet!
Who are Sally & Possum?
Odd couple Sally & Possum are best friends. Together they use Auslan to find fun filled solutions to everyday problems - all while boosting literacy and numeracy proficiency.
Sally is smart. She always knows what to do. She’s also kind and caring and has lots of friends. Sally lives in a pretty little house. Her home is ‘deaf-friendly’ and has a silent doorbell that flashes a light when it is pressed.
Possum is silly. His inquisitive nature finds himself getting into all sorts of funny situations. If he ever needs help or wants to have fun, he asks his best friend Sally. Possum lives in a great big tree in Sally’s yard. It too is ‘deaf-friendly’ and full of interesting stuff.
Sally & Possum the TV Show
Working closely with the Queensland Department of Education and the deaf community, Season One and Two of Sally & Possum each feature 15 unique episodes. The television series combines live action with animation to create a visually rich and rewarding experience. Complemented by the Queensland curriculum and using play based learning, the show is both educational and exciting.
Shot and produced entirely in Queensland by Khemistry, Season One features guest performances from Play School’s Jay Laga'aia and is available on ABC iView and DVD.
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Department of Education (Queensland)
- 838.7 MB
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2016 The State of Queensland (Department of Education and Training)
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.