Salome is a tool for recording (or importing) sounds, turning them into seamless loops, and then polyphonically play them using MPE or MIDI.
CONTROL: The onscreen keypads can be latched, turning them into 2-dimensional faders for controlling various modulations. Additionally, software and hardware MPE controllers can be used (or normal MIDI, in a pinch).
WORKFLOW: The entire process from sampling to playing was designed to be a fast and fluid as possible. Speed > features.
UNIVERSAL: AUv3 plugins for iOS (iPhone, iPad) and MacOS (ARM, Intel) are included*.
- Full Audio Unit compatibility (note that not all hosts support all AU features)
- Built-in MPE keypads for multidimensional onscreen control
- MPE/MIDI input and output from the Audio Unit, so you can record your performance or even control other MPE synths
- 12 mode filter, based on the Oberheim Xpander design
- Latch-mode lets you play the instrument using faders
- Basic standalone mode included (for connectivity use the AU plugin)
- Record or import sounds (WAV, AIF, MP3) and instantly play them as a polyphonic instrument
- Effortless seamless loops using the non-destructive X-Fade feature
Find the user manual on ruismaker.com
* not all MacOS DAWs fully support Audio Unit plugins. This is not a VST plugin.
- Faders and Grid Blocks now behave consistently
- New 4 Octave MPE Grid Controller
- X/Y Control Axis swappable for secondary parameters
- Automatically normalise and strip silence from a recording after you stop sampling
- Allow drag and drop of local (and offline iCloud) audio files
- Slightly shorter attack times to retain more of sampled transients
- Double-tapping Input Gain knob instantly mutes ("monitor off")
- Thinned MPE MIDI messages output
- Reduced tendency to saturate voices before mixdown
Ratings and Reviews
Thanks Bram 🥺🙏🏼
I’ve been wanting this for ages ! Even built my own inside of Drambo but honestly I’m sure this will be 100 x more efficient on my CPU so it was an instant buy for me (knowing the quality of your craft there is no doubt it’ll be amazing).
Hopefully you can consider a Mozaic 2 sometime - with some much needed love such as custom layouts (or more layout options and colors especially) - a buildable interface paired up with the amazing mozaic scripting language would make for an amazing Swiss knife tool - I use mozaic everywhere.
Thanks for all the wonderful apps friend.
I love me some BramBos!
Bram, love the sampler Salome. One issue I noticed is that when you latch a note, then shift octaves, you cannot latch the same note an octave lower or higher. This seems like a bug or an oversight. Otherwise, very cool for a “utility ”.
Love it so far! would have also liked if you could sample in stand alone. Did I miss something? Hats off for always dropping some heat!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Bram Bos
- 26.5 MB
- Requires iOS 13 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2023, Bram Bos / Ruismaker
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.