Salon is a groundbreaking pioneer of digital publishing with over two decades of award-winning independent journalism across news, politics, culture and innovation that has gained a global audience of over 200 countries. Our application provides users with an optimal reading, watching and listening experience that is ad free, easy to navigate and features our fast growing Salon TV Network.
- Access to the latest Salon articles and features from the Salon editorial staff, our regular acclaimed opinion contributors and journalism partners. (mobile & tablet only)
- Exclusive content not found on Salon.com.
- No banner ads, pop ups or pre-roll advertising.
- SalonTV video content that features an array of in depth interviews with newsmakers, cultural icons, authors and political and business leaders as well as musical performances on Salon Stage.
- An exclusive set of award winning long and short documentaries curated by Salon that changes every month.
- Originally produced and curated podcasts and radio shows. (mobile & tablet only)
- An easy to use feature set that includes search, sharing and saving content for later.
• Subscription 1 Month - USD 9.99*
• Subscription 1 Year - USD 94.99*
* For non-US app stores, the equivalent currency charges will apply.
Additional Subscription Information:
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal.
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
- Style adjustments for article and video descriptions
Ratings and Reviews
Great with a little ouch
I love reading Salon! Your articles tend to reflect my sympathies. My only concern is grammatical errors of which I've come across several of late. Newspapers have these errors all the time, the Atlantic does not. I hope that your publication would strive towards that standard and save me the pains of digesting fast journalism.
Great news app but
I love this app, giving 4 stars BUT I'd gladly give it 5 stars if they fixed ONE thing. I've just read a story so I scroll back up to top looking for arrow in top left corner that's basically the back button to get me back to section I got story from but sometimes it's not there and I've tried all kinds of things to make it appear on my iPhone 6 but most of time it doesn't appear so I close app, double click on what I have open and delete open apps then go back to Salon. Hope above makes sense but Cliffnotes version is make the back arrow automatically appear when scrolling back up to top of page.
Okay, but what's with the 'Most Read' link section?
Not a bad app, but for some reason the Front Page 'Most Read' section has been stuck on the same set of story links (and their accompanying images) for the last six months. Maybe more. I've reinstalled the app and the problem remains uncorrected with the update. Not sure what's causing the problem on Salon's mobile site - it does not show up on the regular website.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Salon Media Group, Inc. Apps
- 13.5 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Salon Media Group, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Salon.com Monthly Subscription $9.99
- Salon.com Annual Subscription $94.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.