«Sami keyboards» contains keyboards for North, Julev, South, Pite, Inari and Skolt Sámi. In addition there are keyboards for Finnish, Norwegian and Swedish containing all letters for writing all the Sámi languages written in the Latin script.
New functions and changes:
- added support for left and right sided keyboard on iPhones and iPads
- added support for split and floating keyboard on iPads
- minimum iOS version support changed to iOS 12 (same as Apple)
New features accessed by long-pressing the return key (iPhone) or the dismiss keyboard key (iPad).
- improved speed and letter hit accuracy
- long press overlay bug fixed
- adjustments to the layout of symbols other than the Sámi letters
- a number of layout tweaks and changes to make it as close to Apple's native keyboar as possible
(colours, shaddows, speller suggestion banner, etc)
- other bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
App crashes whenever I try to go to punctuation. Please fix this, as I love using this app!
I suggest a Kven keyboard or Ume sámi keyboard. Keep up the good work on keyboards and other things.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the positive review! To get a Pite Sami keyboard, could you file a request at https://github.com/divvun/giellakbd-ios/issue?
The Divvun team
- The University of Tromso
- 216.3 MB
Requires iOS 12.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Finnish, Northern Sami, Norwegian, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Swedish
- Age Rating
- © 2019 UiT The Arctic University of Tromsø
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.