New Product Launch! Take advantage of our special introductory promo pricing and own the largest collection of Mellotron and tape-based sounds on iPad!
SampleTron 2 for iPad combines the powerful sound engine of IK’s award-winning SampleTank with our industry-leading tape modeling technology to recreate the distinctive, ultra-vibey sounds of tape-based samplers from the ‘60s and ‘70s, along with quirky early digital sample players and vocoders.
Take command of the SampleTron 2 app with any compatible MIDI controller and turn your iPad into the brains of a portable Tron module for live performance with the largest collection of Mellotron and other tape-based sounds on iPad!
- 2.5GB virtual instrument collection of sought-after vintage and tape-based samplers
- Over 400 tracks sampled from vintage Mellotrons, Chamberlins, Optigans and more
- Includes over 100 factory presets for instant inspiration
- Each preset can load 3 tracks to split, layer and solo from over 400 available
- Features 11 modern non-Tron and vintage digital sample-based instruments
- Import Sample function creates user Tron sounds with IK’s tape modeling DSP
- Includes the full content of IK’s original SampleTron updated for legacy users
- 11 selectable effects with Channel Strip, Tape Echo, Multimod and new Vintage Plate
- Assignable MIDI continuous controllers for use with external controllers
- Works as an AUv3 instrument plug-in and as a standalone app
From gothic to gritty
SampleTron 2 for iPad comes with a vast library of over 400 “tracks” that you can load into any preset—up to 3 at once—and then individually process with IK’s cutting-edge tape modeling DSP for ultimate tone-shaping flexibility.
SampleTron 2 for iPad also shines where it processes our non-Tron material. Here you’ll gain access to exciting new sounds with the choir, strings, brass, organ, piano, bass, and even synths and vocoders that all come included.
We’ve also added vintage digital sample-based instruments such as the Mattel Optigan, Vako Orchestron and 360 Systems Digital Keyboard. And to complete the circle, you’ll find the full content of the much-revered original IK SampleTron product.
Authentic sound and vibe
All 11 models are gloriously detailed and designed to give you the immersive experience of using actual vintage gear right on your iPad, even to the point of exposing their inner workings, all while maintaining uniform ease of use and functionality across the board.
Make it your Tron
Your own samples can now be easily loaded and mapped to take full advantage of the tape processing sound using IK’s industry-leading tape modeling technology. A panel of global controls along with six tape controls let you dial in exactly the right mood.
All the tools you need
SampleTron 2’s edit mode lets you dive deep into the preset parameters with controls for volume, pan, fine tune, transpose and high & low note range for each Track. There’s also synthesizer-style controls including a filter with selectable type and an amplitude envelope with velocity control for each track individually or all tracks combined.
Effects like no other
Effects include a Channel Strip equalizer and compressor, Tape Echo, Multimod—with selectable chorus, ensemble, flanger, phaser, Uni-V and Rotary Speaker—and the new Vintage Plate Reverb that’s based on the Plate algorithm developed for AmpliTube 5.
SampleTron 2 for iPad works as a standalone app or as an AUv3 instrument plug-in. Use it with your favorite AU host apps such as GarageBand, Cubasis, AUM, Beatmaker, Auria and more. It also supports MIDI learn and standard MIDI keyboard control for nearly all its functions.
What’s New in v1.0.1
- Track Selector can now be MIDI assigned
- Fixed an issue where BPM-sync effects were not synchronized correctly
- Fixed a potential crash that could occur while changing presets during playback
- General reliability improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Not what I expected
I’ll not go into an in depth review. I was very upset that there is not an option to not loop the sounds. This is very basic and takes away from the real mellotron experience. I like the taped samples to actually end as they did on the original Mellotron. This makes me question if all the samples were actually sampled at their full length. The samples in the free sample pack download are only about three seconds long. Also some keys continually loop while others actually stop after a few seconds. Why the inconsistency. A little buggy as well. For the price, I’d recommend looking elsewhere, Streetlytron Pro, Mellotron XL, and Mellowsound are a better bang for the buck and give a more authentic Mellotron experience.
Every time I try to export the sounds from GarageBand to my email, SampleTron crashes or becomes disabled
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- IK Multimedia US, LLC
- 3.6 GB
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 IK Multimedia Production srl
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.