A free, all-in-one app to take you from ‘what’s for dinner’ to ‘food on the table.’ Samsung Food gives you all the food information and features you need to help you make the food, health, and cooking decisions that are right for you. Get recipe inspiration and saving, meal planning, nutritional information, automatic shopping lists, guided cooking, ingredient search, recipe reviews, and food communities in one spot.
It’s food, your way.
Samsung Food features give you a single platform to:
- Save recipes from anywhere: Yes, really, any website. One tap lets you save and organize all your recipes and access them instantly, whether it’s a family secret or a food blog find. No need to take screenshots or copy and paste recipes into notes again.
- Create and share meal plans: Use meal plans to add breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks for the week. Share them with family or friends so everyone knows what’s on the menu. Simplify your meal planning for the week - save money, save time, and avoid food waste.
- Browse thousands of recipes for inspiration: Can't decide what to cook? Browse our database of over 160 000 recipes, and filter by cuisine, cook time, skill level, and more.
- Automatic grocery lists: Tap to make grocery lists from the recipes you want to cook. Easily add or remove items and organize your list by aisle for speedy shopping. Or create a shared shopping list with everybody in your house.
- Detailed nutritional information: Get detailed nutritional information and calorie counts on every recipe. That includes recipes where you change or substitute ingredients, and recipes you submit yourself. Whether you want to make healthier choices, lose weight, gain muscle, or just know what’s in your food and make informed choices about your diet, accurate nutritional information makes it possible.
- Search for recipes by ingredients: No need for a trip to the store. Find recipes you can cook using the ingredients you already have (or need to use up fast!) in your fridge or pantry. Reduce food waste, make proper use of leftovers, and save money and time by using what you already have on hand.
- Edit recipes for your own needs: Add notes and comments about the things that you want to change so you remember for next time. Substitute ingredients, change quantities, or add notes about the cooking methods. You can also easily and automatically convert from metric to imperial and vice versa. Go ahead and personalize the recipes in your recipe box.
- Get groceries delivered: Convert your automatic shopping list into an online food order with just a couple of taps, and enjoy groceries delivered to your door.
- Smart Cooking: Appliance control means you can use SmartThings to pre-warm ovens and set timers with just a tap.
- Connect with other foodies: search, join, and contribute to communities for foodies of all types. Follow food creators and other home cooks to get inspiration. Share and receive cooking tips and kitchen tricks. Add recipe reviews or comments to help other foodies and support your favorite creators. Improve your cooking and be encouraged by the Samsung Food community.
If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com.
We now have subscriptions available! With our latest update, you can subscribe to Samsung Food+ to use the app without adverts! Just follow the sign-up prompts in the app and enjoy the ad-free experience to cook without hassle. You'll also receive personalized meal recommendations which fit your health goals. Keep an eye out for new features coming to subscribers soon.
Ratings and Reviews
Everything I ever wanted
Where has this been my whole life.? I am that person that has 50 tabs on a browser open because I want to save a recipe. Or I make something, love it and can never find it again. I hit Jump to Recipe on websites and all the ads, videos and pop ups make it super frustrating to use many websites when I’m trying to follow a recipe. Everything jumps around or reloads and I have to find my place a million times. This app gives you the option to use the original website for the instructions or to input your own.
I have tried other apps…you either need a subscription or you can only add a certain number of recipes. On one app everything I added had to be reviewed for a period of three days. After that, I started my own list on my phone’s notepad with tags to organize my recipes and then a friend told me about this app. I have been using it for a month now and was waiting for the catch but there seems to be none!
From someone who does not like cooking very much…This has made cooking so much less stressful and more interesting. I look forward to seeing what new recipes have been added, I find the format much easier to read than websites, you can add your own notes and see others’, upload your own pictures and edit and organize the recipes to your own taste. You can follow friends and see what they make. This is the first review I have ever written for an app and I would give more stars if I could. Thank you!
Five Star favorite app
I’ve been using Whisk for a while now, having started by downloading it and using it on my desktop as well to save all my recipes. I’m slowly building up my database, and along the way started using the meal planner and grocery list creator. It’s all very handy, but lately I’ve been realizing I don’t use it as much for a couple of reasons. First, meal planning takes time, since I am trying to minimize food waste and plan around food intolerances/allergies. I prefer using MY recipes because I only save the things my family will eat. For this reason, I find meal prep services a bit of a challenge when for example one family member hates curry and everyone else wants the curry dish, or the offered sides aren’t something anyone would eat but the main dish is perfect. Menu planning - grocery list services are helpful, but have no flexibility in meal selection. If we don’t like a meal, we have to manually remove the items from the list and plan replacements.
So, developers for Whisk, in my ideal world, Whisk would have an option to have the app use my recipes for fill in the meal planner for me. Something like Jow has, where I can input dietary preferences (diet style, likes, dislikes, needs) and it recommends meals. I don’t even need the grocery store integration like Jow has (or eMeals).
Keep up the good work!
Developer Response ,
Hi, thanks for taking the time to leave us detailed feedback. We are continuously working on improving the user experience on Whisk and your feedback is well-heard and valued by our team! We would love to assist you with anything you might need and in order to do so, please reach out directly to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I tell everyone I meet about this app. This app literally saved me hundreds of dollars and so much time. Grocery shopping is a breeze now. I love how I can add and save recipes from any website. The “share list” option and “invite to list” option is super helpful when sharing grocery responsibilities with spouses, kids, roommates, etc., or even sharing with elderly parents who may not call to ask for things but need a couple of items. Whisk is completely customizable in that you can add your own collections of recipes to self-created groups (similar to Pinterest). I’ve been using Whisk for about a year now and wish I had it my whole life. THANK YOU to the developers of this app, and more importantly, thank you for recognizing how life changing this app is and making it free to use. Ps In no way am I paid by or represent Whisk developers, I am simply very satisfied and thankful for this tool.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Foodient Ltd
- 364.4 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 12.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Korean, Spanish
- Age Rating
- 17+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2021 Foodient Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly $6.99