* Galaxy Watch is not compatible with iPad and iPod touch
The Galaxy Watch application connects Gear S2, Gear S3, Gear Sport Galaxy Watch, and Galaxy Watch Active to your mobile device. It also manages and monitors Gear S2 / Gear S3 / Gear Sport / Galaxy Watch / Galaxy Watch Active features and applications installed through Galaxy App Store. Use the Galaxy Watch application to set up and manage the following
- Connect to and disconnect from a mobile device
- Application download and settings
- Find my Watch
Install the Galaxy Watch application on your mobile device, then pair your Gear S2, Gear S3, Gear Sport Galaxy Watch or Galaxy Watch Active with a Bluetooth connection and enjoy all of its features.
- Galaxy Watch is not compatible with iPad and iPod touch
* Settings and features provided by the Galaxy Watch application are only available when Gear S2, Gear S3, Gear Sport and Galaxy Watch is connected to your mobile device. Features will not work properly without a proper connection between Gear S2 / Gear S3 / Gear Sport / Galaxy Watch / Galaxy Watch Active and your mobile device.
* This application is only for Gear S2, Gear S3, Gear Sport, Galaxy Watch and Galaxy Watch Active.
* Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
* If you have any questions, please contact to the web page below.
※ User Agreement
Following User Agreements are required for the app service.
Even if you don't agree the agreements you can use basic service but can't use disagree services.
[Required User Agreements]
- Bluetooth: Required for communication with Watch
- Background Refresh/fetch: Required for communication with Watch while in background
[Optional User Agreements]
- Photos: For sending image feature required access permission to access the Phone photos
ㆍRequired for QR Code scan to activate gear side eSIM
ㆍDuring the eSIM activation in Galaxy Watch Setup.
ㆍDuring update profile picture for Samsung health
- Contacts: Required to access phone contacts to add buddy and sync with gear contacts
- Location: Required to Determine your location from gear for weather information
- Calendar: Permission required to Sync Watch Calendar
- Notification: Required for accessing Notification Center with useful information
- Cellular Data: Required to access service when you couldn't access Wi-Fi network"
- General bug fixing and improved stability
Ratings and Reviews
Works With iPhone 6s Plus
I read a lot of reviews about compatibility with iPhone before getting my Galaxy Watch (standalone version from T-Mobile). Everything I found said I would lose a lot of functionality because iOS did not play well with Samsung products. I’m happy to report that I can make and receive calls and texts without issue, even if I turn my iPhone off and leave it at home (reviews all said I would not be able to reply to texts from my watch). Almost everything seems to work without issue with the major exception of Samsung Pay. I’ve paired my watch with a Samsung phone, and I must admit this is a function I will really miss as I don’t like carrying a phone and wallet when I work out. Apple Pay won’t work on the watch either, for obvious reasons. One other thing that is not working on my watch (which worked when paired to a Samsung phone) is the voice to text feature. I think it worked when I first linked the iPhone, but it’s stopped working. This is a feature I hope can be fixed since it’s difficult to type out even short texts on the little screen.
Developer Response ,
Dear user, we are glad you did the research and found out exactly what the limitations were before purchasing the Watch.
We will pass along your suggestion to the development team, thank you.
I received a response from my earlier reviews a few days after I left the review. I had already fixed by deleting the app from my iPhone and doing a factory reset. This fresh install made everything start working again however I did lose all my watch faces that are not showing available any longer. I give a 5 star now because I love the fact that they responded and it works.
Earlier review: I have had the watch for about 6 months and about a month in the raise hand gesture to wake quit working. I have it turned on in settings. I just did update where one of the changes is touch screen to wake and that doesn’t work either. Also about a month in the notifications of incoming calls and messages quit working. I get no sound or vibrations. I made sure theatre mode, do not disturb are not on. I have notifications turned on for the galaxy watch and messages. I have an iPhone 8 Plus and all software is up to date on both. I love the styling of the galaxy watch plus the personalization available over the Apple Watch but not happy with the issues I’m having. I can take a call and read messages when I see it is coming in on my phone. I used the Galaxy iOS app to ask for help several months ago but never got a response. I can’t find a number to call for text support.
Developer Response ,
Dear user, we are really sorry to hear of your troubled experience. Please toggle off the wake-up gesture, turn your Watch off and on again, then turn on the gesture on. Additionally, please go to your Gear Settings→ Sound and vibration→ Select Sound in Sound Mode→ Set volume to Max for all four categories. Let us know how it goes.
Was excited to get my first smart watch. Longtime iPhone user but prefer the look of the Galaxy Watch so decided to go for it and buy one. I read and watched videos on the limitations of pairing with the iPhone. Figured there was plenty of functionality to make the purchase worthwhile. I would give it 4 stars if Samsung would allow the messages and email apps on the watch but sadly it does not. None of the videos I watched mentioned anything about emails and messages not be allowed by iOS users so wondering if these a recent change. Did some online searches to see if I was the only one with this issue. I’m not and there are lots of theoretical solutions like resetting the phone and such but none work. It seems clear Samsung is limiting these two apps and not allowing the iOS user to have them on the galaxy watch. Disappointed, obviously text messages and email notifications are an important function with a smart watch but they are clearly not available for iOS users. Will wait a week or so to see if there is a resolution otherwise this watch will be returned. Samsung I see you read and respond to some reviews. Can you confirm you are restricting the messages and email apps for iOS users on the galaxy watch?
Developer Response ,
Dear user, can you please tell us the problem you are facing in details? Are you not getting any notification? You can receive any Email accept for default Email App. You can check from Galaxy App whether any notification is blocked or not. Also, please go to your iPhone Settings>Notifications> Messages/ or any app > Toggle Allow (also click on lock screen, notification center & banner).
Let us know if the problem is solved. Thank you!
- Samsung Electronics
- 184.4 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Albanian, Arabic, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018 Samsung Electronics Co.,Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.