Samsung SmartCam mobile application lets you view the live video and use two-way audio communication from your network cameras anywhere with your smartphone if you use Hanwha Techwin's security system. SmartCam mobile is a free application designed specifically for Techwin's security network product.
◎ iOS Versions 8.x / 9.x / 10.x / 11.x / 12.x
◎ Current compatible with such models as:
-SNH-1010N, SNH-1011N, SNH-P6410BN, SNH-E6411BN, SNH-6440BN, SNH-C6417BN, SNH-V6110BN, SNH-V6430BN, SNH-V6414BN, SNH-V6410PN
(Supported models will be updated continuously)
◎ Recommended settings of a network camera
- If using Wi-Fi communications: 20fps @ 320x240
- If using 3G communications: 5fps @ 320x240
- View live streaming video
- Supported format: H.264
- Event alarm notification service
( Event alarm notification service only work when a user is logged in.)
- Easy video monitoring in the 3G mobile and Wi-Fi environment
- Two-way audio communication
◎ This application uses FFmpeg and SDL under LGPL v2.1
◎ The device can limit the number of users depending on network traffic status.
Bug fixes and Stability improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Could use a couple of additional features.
The app lets you monitor and administer your camera’s, and it works OK for this. But there could be some minor improvements, that would make this app great!.
1. Let the app run in the orientation of your device. If I am in Landscape, put the menu in Landscape. I shouldn’t have to keep moving my device to portrait for the menu, wait for the video, and then move to landscape. My iPad is sitting on a stand, this is extremely inconvenient.
2. Allow us to see multiple cameras at one time. Maybe support camera grouping for this.
3. While viewing one camera, allow us to slide left or right to go to the next or previous camera. Don’t force us to go back to the menu to chose a different camera. If there is something happening, we need to get to the other camera’s quickly.
4. Just because the internet goes down, I should not lose the ability to view my cameras. They are on my network. If I’m on my network, I should be able to view my cameras. But they are not available on the local network if you don’t have internet access. So, this makes them useless for security.
The only changes to the app for the past several years has been the support of additional cameras.
It does work!
Not sure why other folks are having issues. The app works as designed. Are there limits? Sure, just understand what they are and set your expectations. Otherwise, invest in a different solution after you do the research. With the current system I can administer all six cameras as expected. I'm able to monitor each camera with varying results depending on network performance which depends on cell service or local ISP and how well WiFi is performing on your home LAN/WAN... your mileage on may vary. Again, can't blame the app for a poor local network or signal - if you can get a good connection from the camera all the way through the chain to your mobile device then all is good. Issues are really around poor WiFi performance of the cameras themselves... Had to invest in additional access points to boost my home WiFi performance to get reliable connections to each camera. Now that everything is tuned for optimal performance the whole system works like a charm! It's all about the network, from camera to App.
Does not work on cell connection iPhone 5s
This app has iPhone 5S - specific error. When iPhone 5S is on cellular connection only (no wi-fi), app works only in relay mode. This means you can not access videos stored on camera's SD card. Apparently, in iPhone-5S version, app checks if you are on cell connection only, and switches app to work in relay mode only. I was able to prove it using this setup: 2 identical iPhone 5S, placed next to each other. Step 1: disable wifi in both phones, launch SmartCam on both phones (one by one) - and you will get relay mode only. Close apps on both phones. This step just confirms that app on either phone does not work. Step 2: Enable WiFi Hotspot on one phone, disable cell reception on the second phone, enable WiFi on the second phone and connect to the hotspot created by 1st phone. Launch SmartCam app and you will see that it works in full mode, w/o relay.
Support is not helping, ther official story is that Relay mode is used only if there is no enough bandwidth. The experiment above shows that it is not true.
Bottom line: if you have iPhone 5S, DO NOT buy these camearas. You will not be able to use them as intended.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Hanwha Techwin Company Limited
- 61.9 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © Copyright @ 2015 Hanwha Techwin All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.