With the San Diego Union-Tribune iOS app for iPhone and iPad, you get our exclusive in-depth local reporting on the stories that matter most to you.
• Top News: Scan a curated feed of the most important news as it happens
• Push notifications: Get the latest news from our newsroom as soon as stories break
• eNewspaper: Download today’s issue for offline reading and browse archives of past issues
• Video section: Enjoy exclusive video
• My Library: View saved must-read and view recent activity
• Share content easily with Twitter, Facebook, or email
• Download the app to enjoy a select number of stories each month. For full access, try a free month of Unlimited Digital Access to the app, the San Diego-Tribune website, and our eNewspaper; then it's only $7.99 a month. Make sure to create a registration while in the app so you'll be able to log in to the website and eNewspaper when you visit.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when a subscription is purchased, where applicable.
• Subscriptions automatically renews each month unless auto-renew is turned off within your Account Settings and submitted at least 24-hours before the end of the billing period.
• Your iTunes account will be charged $7.99 for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
• You can read our Terms of Service here: https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/terms-of-service
• Questions about your subscription can be directed to Customer Service: 1-800-533-8830.
TECHNICAL HELP AND ASSISTANCE:
We've been working hard to fix any and all crashes in the app. If you are experiencing crashes or freezes after installing our update, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. A quick email to our support team helps our developers identify and resolve crashes faster.
In this version, we made various improvements to the app's performance and stability.
Ratings and Reviews
E-paper not readily available offline
The old version of the app would download the entire e-paper for reading offline every time the e-paper was opened. In the mornings as I would head out of the house, I just needed to open the app and give it a minute or two and I would have an offline version of the paper to read throughout the day. This new version requires that you jump through some hoops in order to download a pdf version of the paper which opens in the Safari browser. Not the easiest way to get an offline version, and sometimes that even that version won’t open later in the day without an internet connection. !!!Please make it easier to read the paper offline!!!
Terrible App: Bring Back the Old One
I do not want to read the paper in a web browser, which does not allow offline reading when not connected to WIFI. I do not want to have to convert the edition to a .pdf file and then store it in iBooks where the functionality then becomes extremely limited. The old app worked so well. Why was it changed? I am on a trial subscription now and may not continue, given the hassle it is to read the digital paper.
Liked old app better
As prior reviewer notes, I to updated my Ipad and the old app that is an exact replica of the newspaper appears to no longer be available. Instead in this app you can go to the upper right hand menu and click eNewpaper which boots you over to Safari and downloads the newspaper into Safari. Thats ok if you have wifi but say your getting on a plane, the old app kept the entire newspaper available to read offline in newspaper format but Safari doesn't do that.
- Tribune Company
- 58.4 MB
Requires iOS 10.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2019 San Diego Union-Tribune
- In-App Purchases
- Unlimited Digital Access $7.99
- Unlimited Digital Access $5.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.