With the San Diego Union Tribune iOS app for iPhone and iPad, you get our exclusive in-depth local reporting on the stories that matter to you most.
• Sign up for push notifications to get the latest news from our newsroom as soon as stories break
• Enjoy exclusive videos and photo galleries
• Edit the section list to be in your preferred order
• Save must-read stories, photos and videos for when you have the time to enjoy them
• Keep track of what you've read and what you haven't with Progress Report
• Turn your device sideways for an entirely different visual view of the news (iPad only)
• Get the latest breaking news from our newsroom in your notifications
• Share stories easily with Twitter, Facebook, or email
• Offline reading: Download and read content offline
• See your progress: Articles that have been read are greyed out to make your reading experience more efficient
• Download the app to enjoy 5 free stories each month. For full access, try a free month of Unlimited Digital Access to the app, the San Diego Tribune website, and our eNewspaper; then it's only $7.99 a month. Make sure to create a registration while in the app so you'll be able to log in to the website and eNewspaper when you visit them in web browsers.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
• Your subscription automatically renews each month unless auto-renew is turned off within your Account Settings at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
• Your iTunes account will be charged $7.99 for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
• You can read our Terms of Service here: http://www.tribpub.com/central-terms-of-service/
• Questions about your subscription can be directed to Tribune Customer Service: 800-533-8830
TECHNICAL HELP AND ASSISTANCE:
We've been working hard to fix any and all crashes in the app. If you are experiencing crashes or freezes after installing our update, please contact us at email@example.com. A quick email to our support team helps our developers identify and resolve crashes faster.
We release regular updates to clean up bugs and optimize your reading experience.
Ratings and Reviews
E-paper not readily available offline
The old version of the app would download the entire e-paper for reading offline every time the e-paper was opened. In the mornings as I would head out of the house, I just needed to open the app and give it a minute or two and I would have an offline version of the paper to read throughout the day. This new version requires that you jump through some hoops in order to download a pdf version of the paper which opens in the Safari browser. Not the easiest way to get an offline version, and sometimes that even that version won’t open later in the day without an internet connection. !!!Please make it easier to read the paper offline!!!
No offline version
UT confirmed to me that they no longer support the Tecnavia App (the original one). Really annoying that they would stop supporting it WITHOUT informing their subscribers. Please support the original app. I can no longer download the paper to read offline when I am flying or somewhere without internet access. The download option in the e-newspaper does not fix this, it is buggy and often needs to reload which is impossible without internet connection.
Liked old app better
As prior reviewer notes, I to updated my Ipad and the old app that is an exact replica of the newspaper appears to no longer be available. Instead in this app you can go to the upper right hand menu and click eNewpaper which boots you over to Safari and downloads the newspaper into Safari. Thats ok if you have wifi but say your getting on a plane, the old app kept the entire newspaper available to read offline in newspaper format but Safari doesn't do that.
- Tribune Company
- 116.5 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2016 San Diego Union Tribune
- In-App Purchases
- Unlimited Digital Access $7.99
- Unlimited Digital Access $5.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.