San Jose Transit provides easy access to VTA(Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority) bus as well as light rail services. It lets you browse through stop timings and trips offline without any active internet connection.
San Jose Transit 3 is here! Completed redone from ground up. This new version makes it intuitive to browse through the routes and their schedules.
- Easy navigation through the UI.
- Consolidated directional routes. Sub routes won't show up as separate routes if they are all in the same direction.
- View stops and routes on map.
- See all the VTA stops around you on a Map.
- Search by zip code, address or city name.
- Add stops and routes as favorites.
- View all trips of a specific route (inbound or outbound) passing through a specific stop at any time.
- Easy schedule updates with automatic daily update checks.
- Stop time interpolation. The app shows timings for stops which don't show up on vta.org.
All the schedules are still fully offline. The maps do require internet connection though ;-)
Please report any mis timings to firstname.lastname@example.org or at https://github.com/jvashishtha/San-Jose-Transit/issues.
As always feedback is much appreciated. So write me up at email@example.com
Note: This application or its developer are in no way related to VTA or any such organizations. This application is developed for the convenience of VTA riders.
NOTE: I would sugggest you email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you face any crashes. Writing bad reviews does not help solve the problem. Thank you.
- Dark Mode
- iOS 13 Support
- Search in Routes
- Support for new routes added by VTA on Dec 28, 2019
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Satisfied so far...
Seems to have everything I need to plan my trip. I've had difficulty figuring out how to get around with VTA so this app is a big help
Map section did not adjust for holiday schedule. The route section did adjust for this. It wasn’t clear if the times are corrected in real-time or simply reporting off the preprinted VTA schedule. I suggest getting he free Transit app which seemed to be more versatile.
Finally an app for VTA buses! It's like having all the bus map/schedules in your pocket. I like that it shows the next available time for the location you pick. As another reviewer mentioned, having GPS integration that brought up selections based on your location would really be a useful feature, although I'm sure that would take a lot of work for the developer to create. I do however have a few minor ideas for improvement:
- List the rail lines on top, or have an instant button that brings them up. If not, at least remove the need to enter a 900 number to bring them up as there are only three lines.
- The app reads as "San Jo...ansit" on my iPhone as the label is a bit too long. How about just labeling it "SJ Transit" under the icon? Speaking of icons, the compass pointer wouldn't be my choice. I'd come up with an icon showing a bus and a LRV side by side since that's what this app is for.
I look forward to watching this app develop. To date it's the only app showing VTA bus lines and I'm glad someone finally took on this task.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.