Reading Records helps monitor reading skills in a more time-efficient manner. Students read and record a passage, answer related quiz questions, and restate what they've read in their own words. The tool's library contains numerous reading passages (various Lexile® levels, both fiction and nonfiction); teachers can also generate passages themselves.
• Classroom management—Take advantage of the suite of tools for assigning, organizing, and reviewing students' running records.
• Evaluation—Evaluate students' performance with the easy-to-use markup interface.
• Library of reading passages—Choose from a robust library of leveled, illustrated reading passages: fiction and non-fiction, English and Spanish, various Lexile® levels.
• Comprehension assessments—Assess students' comprehension of each passage with built-in multiple-choice, open-ended, and retell questions.
• Performance reports—View detailed reports documenting student- and class-level performance and progress.
• Create your own—Add reading passages and comprehension questions.
• Record—Complete assignments using the simple recording interface without the intimidation of reading to an audience.
• Assess—Show what you know with the student-friendly space for answering comprehension questions.
• Review—Access previously completed and graded running records for review.
Educators, please visit curriculumpathways.com/portal/Launch?id=8007 to view alignments to your state standards.
Your feedback will help shape the next release of Reading Records. Please send questions or comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Curriculum Pathways
Used by millions of teachers and students in all 50 states and more than 100 countries, Curriculum Pathways is provided at no cost by SAS. Curriculum Pathways provides interactive, standards-based resources, tools, and apps in English language arts, mathematics, science, social studies and Spanish for K-12.
To learn more about Reading Records and Curriculum Pathways please visit curriculumpathways.com.
Your use of this Application indicates your acceptance of the terms of the SAS Institute Inc. License Agreement for SAS® Reading Records, linked below. If you do not agree with these terms, you are not authorized to use the Application.
Ratings and Reviews
I just started using this app and it's wonderful. I set my son up as a homeschool because I mostly supplement his education at school. I love how this app is done. It records my son when he reads then asks him questions about the passage. They also ask the child to summarize the story main ideas characters etc. I love that we both can listen to the results and talk about his reading and answers.
Just what I needed!!!
This app is exactly what I needed! Makes doing running records a breeze!
Needs a lot of work
I live very close to SAS so when I was looking for reading comprehension apps I thought, "Fantastic! If SAS made it, it'll be good." Then I went to use it....
The friendly cartoon dinosaur made me expect reading comprehension tasks for younger students. However, the wording of the sentences/paragraphs as well as the vocabulary makes me think more middle or high school level (who would hate using the app bc of the dinosaur). Sentence structure and vocabulary are far too advanced for a cartoon dinosaur. Also, perhaps a teacher wouldn't be bothered by this, but as a speech therapist, I find this app takes a long time to set up each time you want to use it. If I sat down and used it with 30 children in a row, it wouldn't seem like a lot of work but I would waste so much therapy time if I tried to use it in a session. Given the elimination of teacher assistants, I'm not sure sitting down and doing this with 30 student in a row is realistic with most schools. This app would more likely be used by speech therapists, reading pullout teachers, or elementary schools who (sometimes) still have an assistant. I wish there were a "quick start" option for people like me to bypass all the stuff before I can get to the actual reading. Besides, HIPAA won't let me identify a child so I end up using "Child HIPAA" for the only saved student.
I'm told by family members who work at SAS that they have multiple former teachers and former speech therapists working there. SAS might want to consult a few of them about bettering this app. I love SAS' dedication to education but they really fell short on this one. I know SAS monitors online reviews and I hope you guys will use this advice to better this app and future apps.
- SAS Institute Inc.
- 51.4 MB
Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.
English, German, Northern Sami, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Copyright © 2013 - 2016, SAS Institute Inc., Cary, NC, USA. All Rights Reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.