What is SaskAlert?
SaskAlert is the Government of Saskatchewan’s emergency public alerting program that provides critical information on emergencies in real time, so you can take action to protect yourself, your family and your property.
Who can issue alerts?
Alerts can be issued by: Environment Canada, Government of Saskatchewan ministries, Crowns and agencies as well as participating municipalities and First Nations.
What types of emergency events are alerted on?
A) Weather alerts which are issued by Environment Canada may include:
• Tornados - watches and warnings
• And any warnings issued for: blizzard, blowing snow, dust storms, extreme cold, freezing drizzle, freezing rain, heat and rainfall, severe thunderstorm, snowfall, wind, and winter storm.
B) Alerts issued by the province as well as by local municipalities and First Nations may include:
• wildfires, flooding, train derailments, power outages, drinking water advisories, local emergency declarations, communication outages, road closures, and evacuations.
How can I receive alerts?
Critical emergency alerts can be received through all radio and TV broadcasters licensed to operate in Saskatchewan, by wireless alerting to your mobile device, through the saskalert.ca website, this SaskAlert App and The Weather Network. Advisory emergency alerts can be received through the saskalert.ca website, this SaskAlert App and The Weather Network.
• Frequently Asked Questions now accessed through Settings
• Other minor improvements and fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
- Government of Saskatchewan
- 59.2 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Government of Saskatchewan
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.