Dish alignment, pointing and Installation has always been a complicated task, especially if you do not have a clue. That is why I posted this application that will simplify this task and allow you to install and align your antenna without the need to call a specialist.
SatCatcher is a satellite finder and dish pointer, it allows you to orient your antenna to any satellite. Using augmented reality, this application displays the target satellite in space to better choose the location of your antenna and ensure the absence of any obstacle (wall, tree ...).
SatCatcher also uses your phone GPS to show your location on a map and shows the direction of the satellite from your position.
The compass accompanied by a beep lets you orient your antenna following the acceleration of beeps or the arrow of the compass.
The accelerometer is used to verify that the holder of your antenna is vertical.
The antenna adjustment steps:
1- choose a satellite and authorize geolocation to determine the direction of the antenna orientation.
2- Show satellite in augmented reality with your camera and make sure there are no obstacles and validate the location of your antenna.
3. Check that the support of your antenna is vertical.
4. Calculate the polarization and adjust the rotation of the LNB (the head of your antenna)
5. Set the elevation
6- Search orientation with visual and sound assistant
7- Fine adjustments.
For the good functioning of the application, SatCatcher will need the camera, compass, gyroscope, accelerometer and the GPS of your smartphone.
- If your smartphone does not have GPS, you can manually move the "marker" on the card until it points your exact location. Use zoom for more detail.
- The compass is very important to adjust your dish, but if your smartphone does not have one, you can still use the application. In this case, it will help you to find clues and marks on the map from your location. It also allows you to calculate the orientation. Than you can use a manual compass to get a good orientation.
- Do not hesitate to recalibrate the compass and avoid too close to the antenna arm, because it is sensitive to metallic elements. Try to place your smartphone where there is less magnetic interference.
SatCatcher Free is the lite version of SatCatcher.
Augmented reality and compass orientation are only available in the full version here: https://appsto.re/fr/Gb6Hbb.i
Contact : email@example.com
Ratings and Reviews
Great to see if you like the app
This is a nice "free" app that gives you the opportunity to see the app in action without the need to buy.
If you use a auto antenna like I do on the RV you will find this app very useful when you are parking at a campground that has a lot of trees. Automatic antennas will not tell you if a tree is in the way.
Wonderful feature that uses your phones GPS to display a map of exactly where you are are at shows a red line to the satellite you need to locate.
Not Free At All
The actual satellite finder portion is blocked unless the PRO Version is purchased.
It's not really a free satellite finder as advertised.
Developer Response ,
The free version is fully sufficient to guide your satellite dish. The pro version offers extra support thanks to the compass and Augmented Reality
Useless without purchases
Most pay to use
Developer Response ,
You can use it without paying. You have just to follow steps.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.