Sathorn is the most feature rich Apple Music client for iOS, as well as the only one with Apple Music Radio.
- Personalized Apple Music recommendations, and Apple Music Radio playback (including Beats 1)
- Love, dislike, share, and add songs, playlists, and albums across the entire Apple Music catalog
- The most choices for new music discovery of any Apple Music client, including the ability to view top charts for playlists, songs, and albums from 26 countries in the world, as well as top charts across 18 music genres
- Search the Apple Music catalog for playlists, albums, and songs, and add them to your library
- Add Apple Music songs to your playlists, with or without adding the song to your library
- Scrobble songs to Lastfm (library songs only)
- Light, Dark, and True Black appearances themes
- Choose between the 7 default custom color schemes, or create your own (as seen in the screenshot above)
- Swipe across the Now Playing album cover to change songs
- Search within a playlist for both local playlists and Apple Music playlists
- Pull down on any of the main 5 tabs to search
- Pull down while viewing a playlist to search that playlist
- The most extensive playlist management system of any music client for iOS. In addition to all the default options the stock Music app has, you can also sort playlists into folders and differentiate between playlists users have shared with you, your own playlists, and playlists downloaded from Apple Music
- Swipe up to view the current queue, as well as info about the currently playing song
- On the albums and playlists tab, swipe left for a slide out menu with the ability to quickly play, shuffle, play next, or play later
- Sort individual playlists by album, title, play count, recently added, or the default sort
- View all the songs you have “loved” and are in your library. Simply sort by the "Loved" option on the main songs tab
- Change the order of tabs under "Settings"
- Add up to 100 items under "Recently Added" for songs and albums
- I collect absolutely no personal data about any user. All info is kept local on the device and nothing is sent to any server I own.
For support, please contact email@example.com
View more on Sathorn's website: https://sathorn.app
Apple, the Apple logo, iOS, and Apple Music are trademarks of Apple Inc.
- Under Playlists -> Discover, you can now search for playlists
- Bug fixes and small improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great start but definitely rough around the edges
Pros: -I can sort by liked songs(!)
-Customizable interface with true black
-still gives me access to all my Apple Music recommendations while putting more focus on my existing library
Cons:-ui navigation is kind of a screaming nightmare. Sometimes you can swipe back, sometimes you can’t. Sometimes you can long press a song, sometimes you can’t. A lot of areas you swipe to access but can’t swipe out.
It’s really in-cohesive and coming from the default Apple Music player it’s really, really cumbersome.
-sometimes elements look really great, sometimes the aesthetics make it look like the app is bugging out.
-adding songs to ‘play next’ has the tendency to stop or restart the song currently playing. This one is a MASSIVE pain, though one I would consider equal to the others noted above.
-you can’t add songs to play next if you search for them- just goes along with the other noted inconsistencies in how you can interact with different things.
-lack of consistent ui navigation leads me to constantly play songs I didn’t mean to because I was trying to do a gesture that’s intuitive in Apple apps but just does nothing in this app. (Example: if you open an album and scroll down you cannot swipe back. You have to scroll all the way to the top to swipe back.)
Overall I’m sticking with it and hoping it gets cleaned up because, if tightened up, this could be the best way to use Apple Music.
Developer Response ,
Edit: Version. 1.3 addresses a lot of the concerns listed here. The "Play Next" bug is fixed, and the UI navigation is much more consistent. Everywhere you swipe to access, you can now swipe to go back. You can also add local songs to play next if you search for them as well.
Thanks a lot for your review. Yes, I am aware of some of these inconsistencies and am definitely working on correcting them--notably the song skipping, and the ability to long-press a song when viewing artists, and being able to swipe back once you scroll down.
thanks for sticking with it! I hope to get these issues addressed quite soon.
Overall very good/missing minor quality of life features
The app so far is beautiful and functional. The pinned albums feature is one of the best features I never knew I wanted, as well as the ability to jump straight to a song's album from the Now Playing screen.
The app is missing some minor features compared to other players that I wish it had, such as:
- The ability for the rewind playback button in the Now Playing view to replay the same song rather than immediately go to the previous song
- Displaying seperate "discs" inside of an album would also be a plus
- The ability to skip increments of the song by double tapping the rewind/forward buttons
Overall though, Sathorn is a beautifully designed app with plenty of customization options to satisfy most people.
Developer Response ,
Thanks a lot for the review! Working on getting some of these improvements out soon!
Great app needs improvements
Holding down a song for more options should have a haptic response. In the original music app that force feedback helps me know whether my input was received without looking at my phone.
Also please add the ability to start Apple Music radio stations.
Developer Response ,
Haptic feedback is now here in version 1.3.
- Stephen Bodnar
- 26.5 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © Stephen Bodnar, 2018
- In-App Purchases
- Sathorn Premium $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.