Save The Purple Frog! As old as the dinosaurs, the Purple Frog is one of nature’s most weirdly wonderful creatures. It has a snout-like nose, squawks like a chicken and in real-life lives underground for all but one day a year … and it’s purple(ish).
This head-turner of an amphibian needs saving too, because it’s endangered in southwest India, its beautiful home.
Enter the Purple Frog’s world today by jumping into the FREE hit mobile game 'Save the Purple Frog'. It’s great fun AND helps save endangered species.
By playing the Save The Purple Frog game you’re helping raise awareness for biodiversity and protecting the Purple Frog in its real-life habitat. On the Edge, the developer, is a nature organisation working to save this species and others that are Evolutionarily Distinct and Globally Endangered (EDGE) — all around the world.
Jump into the Save the Purple Frog game and you’ll have to hop, jump and dodge the real-life dangers in nature that it faces — pouncing snakes, hungry owls, and more recently cars and trains — as it hops its way to the breeding ground where this curious and endangered species lay their eggs.
Power up by finding termites and collecting spawn. Purple Frog spawn is unusual, it’s white! Collect them for extra game time and remember the clock is ticking, you have Purple Frogs to save!
Purple frogs only emerge from their burrows for one day a year to breed. It’s a perilous journey through nature and a race against time. Just like in real-life, the future of the Purple Frog species depends on it.
* Explore three unique nature environments in this fun frogger game: farmland, village, and forest areas of southwest India.
* Cross roads, dodge traffic, hop and jump to evade predators in this family-friendly game
* Move through the day as you travel: explore the farmland in the morning, the mountain village in the afternoon and look out for predators in the dusky forest!
* At the end of each area, rescue the froglets and lead them to safety
* Collect Purple Frog spawn for a time bonus
* Eat three termites to activate the super burrowing power-up
* Speed up your game progress by finding secret burrows hidden across all three environments
* Real-life conservation impact
This species of purple frog essentially spends its entire life underground, using a long tongue to eat ants and termites in its subterranean home. The purple frog surfaces only when the monsoon season begins, which means that it’s time to mate!
So, what can you do to protect this unusual creature and save the real-life biodiversity that comes with it? Don’t support the deforestation of rainforests! Start playing Save The Purple Frog game today and educate your friends and family about the real-life importance of biodiversity and nature and what we can do to preserve it. Although you may not save the Purple Frog directly, you will be inspiring people to preserve the biodiversity of our earth.
Download the Save The Purple Frog game now and start helping raise awareness for biodiversity and protect the Purple Frog in its real-life habitat. On the Edge, the game’s developer, is a nature organisation working to save this species and others that are Evolutionarily Distinct and Globally Endangered (EDGE) — all around the world.
General game optimisations and minor bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Great game 5 starts I really love this game the new game concept. My son plays this all day and I had to give to give it a try. Would love to see more
Love that it’s fun and it’s helping animals too? Come on 👌🏽
Great game, love it
I love it :)
Pretty fun and good! It’s sad that the purple frogs are in danger of extinction. Save the purple frogs!
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- ON THE EDGE PRODUCTIONS LTD
- 1.2 GB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2022 On the EDGE Productions Ltd