Download SBS PopAsia’s mobile app to listen live to the biggest Asian pop hits streaming 24/7. Plus - listen to win with PopAsia's Pop Bingo! Collect the songs you hear for your chance to win weekly prizes.
- Fresh new design, easy to use navigation
- Pop Bingo. Every time you hear a song listed on the bingo card, BINGO IT! Fill up your bingo card. Play for fun, or enter to win prizes every week!
- Preview songs and create playlists
- Set song reminders for your Favourites
- Watch the corresponding YouTube video for each track played
- See the full schedule of radio shows on PopAsia and set reminders
- Send SBS PopAsia audio, video requests and photos right from the app
Official website: www.sbs.com.au/popasia
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/sbspopasia
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/sbspopasia
Tweet requests to #SBSPopAsia
- Improvements to reminders and notifications
- General bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
This is definitely always the app I go to to listen to Asian Pop. I definitely agree with some of the reviews below mine--sometimes the song name doesn't appear especially when you like a song and want to know what the name of the song is. That definitely needs fixing. The app crashes sometimes but other than that I really like the app.
Pop Asia, please don't be another one of those annoying radio shows that puts songs on repeat so much that even my favorite song becomes an "Ughhhh, this again?" song. I Got a Boy and Crayon are both great songs but I have now started becoming annoyed with the two tracks because of Pop Asia I must say... :(
Another piece of advice: bring back some old K-Pop songs. I'm sure everyone would love to hear old Big Bang, Super Junior, SHINee, DBSK, etc. Hearing the same songs played again and again gets tiring after a while.
Also, fire the person who does "Mushy Mashy" time or whatever he does. He remixes songs and frankly, they're annoying. Most of the songs he puts together don't have the same best and I honestly have no idea what he's doing.
Hands down the best app I've found for Asian pop. The only qualm I have is that the song selections are mostly Kpop instead of 'Asian' pop but there is the occasional change and since they always play the latest songs and a variety of the best old Kpop hits, it's not enough for me to down rate them. If you're looking for an app to listen to Kpop, this is it! I'm using the app on a 5th generation iPod Touch with the latest iOS and sometimes the songs will cut out halfway through but I find that if you play around with the play/pause button for a few seconds it'll work out. Hasn't been doing that much lately though.
Great app but needs to fix some bugs
I use the app when I'm driving my car. I've noticed for a few weeks that the app is not syncing to the latest song being played. What I mean is, the song title being shown is the previous song title so you won't know what just played until the next song comes up. I think that's an issue. I also notice that sometimes when I'm listening, the app messes up pretty badly and cuts the song that's playing and goes back to the previous song playing in the middle then it keeps repeatedly doing this. I would restart the app and try again but it still does it.
- Special Broadcasting Service (SBS)
- 32.4 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2017 Special Broadcasting Service
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.