Scany is the Swiss army knife of apps for home, office, corporate LAN and Wi-Fi hotspot owners, network administrators, security specialists, developers and everyone who needs to diagnose and resolve network issues and easily do everyday network tasks.
Scany finds computers and devices connected to a LAN or Wi-Fi shows their names, addresses and manufacturers, and includes a wide set of network analysis tools, specially crafted to transcend existing analogs, including ping, trace, WHOIS, DNS lookup, port scanner and many more.
Built from the ground up for mobile by an experienced network administrator, Scany outmatches other apps in many respects.
WI-FI LAN & INTERNET SCANNER
· Wi-Fi/LAN and custom/Internet network ranges scanning
· detection of all network devices + hidden
· IP addresses, vendor names, IP countries info and more
· Bonjour, mDNS, Mac OS X and iOS network names
· NetBIOS, Samba, LLNMR and Windows PC network names
· UPnP and SSDP/DLNA device network names
· Unicode and international network names support
· device models detection (on OS X and iOS)
· shared printers detection (on OS X)
· "online", "firewalled" and other host states detection
· superfast smart algorithms optimized for huge networks
INSTANT LAN/WI-FI BROWSER/LOOKUP
· instant detection of all network names on LAN/Wi-Fi
· no need for a full deep network scan for a quick LAN overview
· instant IP lookup by a LAN hostname (or vice versa)
· type in (non-DNS) LAN hostname in almost all built-in tools
· works with all supported Mac, PC and device names
PING & TRACEROUTE
· real-time network path traceroute monitor and ping
· network path bottlenecks and packet loss visualization
· IPs, hostnames and info for each hop
· reverse hostnames, AS numbers and countries info
· multi-node and multi-path hops detection
· superfast detection of predefined and custom ports
· open, filtered/firewalled and closed TCP/UDP ports detection
· detection of extra services/ports with protocol level probes
DEEP WHOIS LOOKUP AND TRACE
· WHOIS of any IP, domain or AS number
· IPv4 and IPv6 WHOIS support
· all top level domains (TLD) support
· support for all internationalized domain names (IDN)
· support for WHOIS trace across a chain of WHOIS servers
· custom servers usage (type "-h host" in query)
· custom ports usage (type "-p port" in query)
DNS DIG, LOOKUP AND TRACE
· support for A, AAAA, ANY, CNAME, PTR, NS, MX, SOA, SRV records
· support for "-t type" option or just add record type into query
· support for "+trace" and "+all" options typed in query/hostname field
· support for custom DNS server and port via "-h host" and "-p port" options
· support for DNS queries to local multicast IP addresses (automatically)
WAKE ON LAN, WI-FI OR OVER INTERNET
· wake on LAN/Wi-Fi or cellular/Internet
· detection of router external IP for pre-saved/pre-scanned hosts
· Wi-Fi IP address and network mask info, SSID, BSSID
· cellular and VPN IP addresses and network masks
· external router IP address detection
· default gateway/router IP address detection
· DNS servers detection
EXTENSIVE EXPORT, IMPORT AND HISTORY
· copy and email all data and history
· export and import separate hosts, entire or all groups
· export separate lists of Bonjour, PC, UPnP/SSDP or a list of all hostnames
· export a list of free IP addresses
· export a list of busy IP addresses
· export text and .SCANY files via email as attachments
· open .SCANY files from email in Scany or Net Status
· export as text, .TXT and/or .CSV files via email
· choose data fields to export
· regular updates and careful support
· universal binary for all devices
· demo videos on our site: http://j.mp/scany_vids
UPnP hostname lookup improvements
Fixed some landscape mode issues
iOS 14.2 compatibility updates
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Really appreciate that this app was updated to work with iOS 11. I don’t use it frequently, but when I do it provides me the information I am looking for. 🙂
Works!!! Worth it .....
After trying the free ones which were spotty at best I was skeptical about paying for this but you get what you pay for and after 2 mins with this I was able to set up my WOL and boot up my pc using my iPhone and wake it from sleep mode. Works every time I’m so glad I found something I didn’t have to spend time troubleshooting.
This has a ton of other features that might come in handy later so I can’t speak to those but it’s a nice piece of mind knowing that it will be here if and when I need them this gets an A +++++ from me .
Need light background, bigger fonts and editable Host names
It's a great app specially since it lets you add MAC addresses for WOL in IOS 11.x.
It needs to provide option to use a lighter background since the dark background is hard to read. Also bigger fonts for easier reading and finally a way to edit Host names etc to put more meaningful info on each host scanned.
Developer Response ,
The UI color change is planned already - stay tuned for updates :)
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Pavel Ahafonau
- 25.1 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Pavel Ahafonau
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.