Design your photo compositions...before heading out.
Often times, outdoor scape photographers will compose their images based on the lens at hand (nothing wrong with that). This tool offers the option to go the other way around - it will help them decide what lens (e.g. focal length) they'll need to create the landscape, seascape, or cityscape images they want. It allows them to experiment with different vantage points and framing to see subject placements, as well as what's in the background and foreground. This map-centric app is a photo compositional aid to supplement on-location scouting to answer the often asked questions of what focal length to use and where the shooting spot should be, before actually heading out.
- Shows focal length for your framing and selected camera.
- Frame in either landscape or portrait orientations.
- Reports horizontal, vertical, and diagonal angles and fields of views.
- Shows camera to subject and foreground distances.
- Many camera makes and models to choose from, or enter your own sensor sizes.
- View map in standard, satellite, or hybrid modes.
- Search for addresses or place descriptions on map.
- Create a list of your favorite camera and subject locations, framing, and other settings for future reference. (A photographer's bucket list.)
- Targeted iOS 8, minimum.
- Minor user interface updates.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
A wonderful app for landscape photographers
This is just the app I needed. I wanted to scout locations to shoot a scene. I knew I would shoot with a 17mm but was not sure which pier to shoot from to get my desired framing, what will obstruct the composition. This app takes the guesswork out of determining where to shoot a landscape scene, what lens to bring with you on a photography trip. An app like this is a useful addition to a landscape photographers toolset.
App has an intuitive interface. I really love the map interface. It lets you store favorite locations and points of view to plan ahead. It has loads of camera choices.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.