Scene & Heard is an award winning app. It is a visual scene based communication aid which provides communication in context and new learning aids with interactive features. Scene & Heard is designed to cater for a range of needs, starting with simple single message based communication to sophisticated interlinking scenes with a range of interactive features.
Whether you are a parent, therapist or carer, the easy-to-use interface will help you import photos and allocate actions to any scene. Personalise each scene with fun and interactive options including audio messages, video clips and Widgit symbols. You are even able to draw your own scenes with the drawing/paint tool. Use scene links to transition to a new scene and tell a story within the app.
- Record your own voice messages for scenes or use the inbuilt text to speech voice
- Create or import short video files
- Choose and use over 12000 engaging Widgit symbols to use to support communication
- Create hotspots (tagging an element on the scene) and allocate actions, so that the picture is truly interactive
- Task prompter allows you to give step by step instructions for any task using audio or video.
- Schedule a task using the in app scheduler - an interactive calendar which connects to different pages according to the different tasks.
- Link scenes to create a sequence of events, support narrative or to reinforce cause and effect concepts
- Try out some of the pre-built scenes in the scene library, and then easily create your own scenes
- Easy to use photo library to find your scenes
- Create communication books to share and print.
- Share your scene on Facebook or Twitter
- Switch accessible with a Therapy Box Switch Box or an RJ Cooper switch interface
- Use the whole screen as a switch in "touch anywhere" mode. Uses scanning to highlight the active areas and the person using the app can tap anywhere to make their choice
"Very helpful for children with Autism... assisted my patients with reducing communication breakdowns and frustration due to limited language skills" (Children's Specialized Hospital)
"Its versatility lends itself to satisfying many communication needs to users of a variety of levels" (Assistive Technology Specialist)
Clinicians and parents have said you can use Scene & Heard in many ways, here are a few examples:
- single message communication aid
- communication passports
- step-by-step videos and instructions for completing daily tasks
- use in the community, e.g. ordering coffee
- creating therapy tools
- teaching basic concepts such as cause/effect
- video diaries
- home / school liaison
- social stories
- narrative support
- interactive education games
- interactive email messages to family/talking video postcards
VOLUME PURCHASE PROGRAM
Educational institutions are eligible for a 50% educational discounts through Apple's volume purchase program.
Minor Bug Fixes
Ratings and Reviews
poor stability and customer service support
After several days of work put into scene construction and verbal data the app crashed. Several emails sent to app company techs by our speech therapist all to no avail. The system still does not open and I have not been refunded a penny! Do not waste your time or money on this app.
Easy AAC for Early Learners
Students with autism frequently have difficulties in the area of communication. Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) tools can be used to support communication and improve language acquisition. Scene and Heard uses pictures (scenes) and "hot spots" with recorded audio to facilitate communication. Setting up communication "scenes" on this app is as simple as taking a photo with the built-in camera and selecting "hot spots" to record audio.
There is plenty of research documenting the effectiveness of using pictures or scenes for AAC. Research shows that this format is especially effective for early learners. At $49.99, Scene and Heard is more expensive than similar applications on the market. It is worth exploring the Lite version first to see if the application is appropriate for your use.
- Therapy Box Limited
- 384.7 MB
Requires iOS 10 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Danish, Finnish, French, German, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2011 Therapy Box Limited
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.