Scene Study is an incredibly easy way for actors to learn their lines, memorize scenes and rehearse for theater and film productions. Created by actors for actors, Scene Study frees you from the script to start actively listening and responding in the scene. By recording your cues lines, you practice listening for them right along with recalling your own.
Once you have a scene set up, save time by rehearsing while doing other activities. Combining other tasks with rehearsal enables deeper memorization of your lines and often provides a few unexpected insights to your character.
Getting started is easy. Simply create a production, add characters, then start recording your character's spoken and cue lines. Record the full lines for your scene partners or just the cue lines. Then start rehearsing!
Choose the character you wish to rehearse by muting them during playback and enjoy your own portable scene partner. Rehearse around the house or on the go, rehearse while driving or doing chores. It’s that easy!
- Dress rehearsal mode!
- Line prompting to speed memorization.
- Streamlined recording interface.
- Lock screen audio controls integration.
- Great for single scene and full length productions.
- Shared character lists for productions.
- Streamlined scene screen enables playback and recording from one screen.
- Playback all scene lines or mute a character to rehearse lines from memory.
- Drag and drop line reordering.
- Auto-save recordings for fast scene creation.
- Headphone and bluetooth support for limitless rehearsal opportunities.
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
- Fixed issue that prevented clearing current rehearsed character
- Fixed character name dialog box sizing
- UI improvements
- Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Super helpful! Wish I could output.
Only reason it’s not 5 stars is I can’t output all the work I put into recording everything. It would be great to be able to share with my co-star who also uses the app so we don’t repeat each other’s efforts or make different mistakes. Paid for the app so seems like we should. 🤷♂️
Great tool for me
I continue to come back to this app time and time again with new roles. I try others but they can’t get the job done for me. This is great. It helps me a whole lot.
Suggestions (I’ll still use the app, but these would improve my work even more):
1. Exporting/importing or sharing scenes. How amazing if cast members recorded their parts and everyone shares with each other, deleting what’s not needed!
2. Sometimes playback goes off the wire over Bluetooth. My car registers each line as a call, so it’s unusable as the “calls” start and stop. So I turn off Bluetooth, it’s just not as hands-free then.
This app has saved my booty for Something Rotten, White Christmas, Shrek, and Once at our community theatre. Thank you thank you thank you!
Need to share with other actors
I love this app. Best way to learn lines at home without having to drive your wife crazy by asking her to play the other parts. Please develop a way for us to record scenes on one device and then share it with the other actors who also have Scene Study on their devices. You would sell a lot more apps that way.
The developer, Manic Pixel, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Toby Ambrose
- 10 MB
- Requires iOS 8.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.2 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2016 Manic Pixel LLC
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.