SchoolFood in your hands!
With this latest update, SchoolFood has combined all of its previous mobile app features along with some new ones!
In SchoolFood Feed Your Mind 3.0, you can:
- Submit Review: SchoolFood's menus are completely student-driven. SchoolFood wants to hear what you think! Your feedback influences the menu and helps make it better. SchoolFood is YOUR food. A valid OSIS/Student ID number is required for participation.
- Find Free Summer Meals being served at participating Schools, Pools, Parks, Libraries, SchoolFood Trucks, and NYCHA locations! Hungry? Type in an address or use your current location to find a Free Summer Meal near you! Everyone 18 years old and under is eligible for a Free Summer Meal - NO ID required.
- View Menus. Curious about what's being served today, tomorrow, or next week? Check out the SchoolFood menus and find your favorite dishes and some new ones too!
SchoolFood will continue to work and improve on making this app better for you!
Feed Your Mind all summer with Free Summer Meals! Spread the word with #freesummermeals !
For more information, visit: www.schoolfoodnyc.org.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great idea, little less great execution
Loved the idea of being able to check the menu at home and talking about what options to choose to avoid certain things.
The menu is not readable on a regular iPhone, only on iPad or computer. From other reviews this looks like an old issue that has not yet been fixed.
It would be amazing if the app + menu would clearly state which category cuisine a dish falls under. Like it’s often seen at good restaurants using little indicators next to dishes to distinguish them: vegan (Vg) / vegetarian (V) / kosher (K) / nuts (nut) / meat (meat) / dairy (dairy) etc. This would make it so much more manageable for many people.
See into the future?
I haven’t found a way to look at the next month’s menu ahead of time. It would be nice if we could see at least the first week of the next month to plan ahead.
I also agree that the print is difficult to read.
I also have two children in different schools and cannot log in as both.
It is very helpful to find summer meals and also to quickly see what the kids might have for lunch (as long as it isn’t the first of the month.)
Needs a lot of work!
I noticed that the issue about the small print reported a year ago was not fixed. Also, I was able to add only one student (I have two children attending a PS). I suggest the menus are not uploaded as an image but entered into the system to prevent the text from being too small and difficult to read.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- New York City Dept of Education
- 39.2 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- Copyright © 2018 New York City Dept Of Education
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.