Schoolwork is an iPad app that helps teachers both save time and maximize each student’s potential. With Schoolwork, it’s easy to share class materials, get students to a specific activity in an app, collaborate with students, and view student progress.
Teachers can easily create and send out a class announcement, a study reminder, or an assignment. They then get progress information on how their students are doing on their assignments, making it easier for them to individualize instruction based on student needs.
Students get one central place to see assignments, submit work, and view their own progress.
Share anything with Schoolwork
• Easily create and share a homework assignment, study reminder, or class announcement with students
• Add PDFs, documents, web links, photos, videos, or even links to specific activities within an app
Assign specific activities within an app
• With apps optimized for Schoolwork, you can review an app’s list of assignable activities, then easily assign one or more to a class or student
• With a single tap, students are brought directly to the assigned activity within the app
• For activities you assign in Schoolwork, you’ll be able to view student progress, including quiz scores, points earned, and time spent
Keep students focused and organized
• Students have one place to go to see their announcements and assignments
• Students can see what they have due this week across all their classes
• In Pages, Keynote, and Numbers, and other supported apps, students can submit homework right from within the app
Collaborate and give real-time feedback
• Easily collaborate with individual students or with the entire class in just a few taps
• Add comments to students’ work while they’re working on an assignment
• Use Apple Pencil or your finger to mark up documents, PDFs, photos, and more
• See a holistic view of a student’s progress, including submitted work and progress in apps, all in one place
• Use student progress to find students who might need an extra challenge, or extra support
Get started easily
• Your existing classes in Apple School Manager automatically show up in Schoolwork
• Easily create new classes yourself right from within Schoolwork
In order for teachers to view student progress on activities they assign in Schoolwork, schools are required to enable the Student Progress feature in Apple School Manager. Student progress is only reported for teacher-assigned activities that students complete while using a school-provided Managed Apple ID. All student progress data is encrypted in transit and at rest. If a school does not opt in, teachers and students can still use Schoolwork without this feature.
In order to provide and improve Schoolwork, Apple collects non-personally identifiable data about how users interact with the app.
• Add photos, drawings, videos, and audio files to instructions and try again messages for a more personalized experience
• Use multimedia to design even more engaging exit ticket questions and answers
• Create and schedule assignments to be sent to students on a specific date and time
• Receive links to webpages for hand-in requests to give students more ways to demonstrate their learning
Ratings and Reviews
Good Start But Lacking Some Features
I like the way that Schoolwork allows me to easily create copies of activities for all students and monitor them in real time. However, the organization of Schoolwork is a far cry from what iTunes U used to be. There also needs to be some added functionality surrounding assessments such as being able to hide assignment and documents from students for test security after it has been given but before it is handed back. Also some sort of ability to lock students into an attached Numbers or Pages document from within the app and screenshot detection.
This app has potential to be great, but isn’t quite there yet. It does take time for handouts to post and for assignments to show up. I would also like the ability to grade assignments in the app. I still like using it, but there are some improvements that need to be made.
Bring back iTunes U
This app nor the Podcast app are adequate replacements for homeschooling educators. I shouldn’t have to register as a business to gain access to this app. I was expecting that there would be an alternative way for regular users to sign-in once iTunes U was completely closed. We could easily use our Apple information to create accounts, especially since parents would have parental controls over their minor’s account.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Search History
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apple Inc.
- 145.6 MB
- Requires iPadOS 15.5 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Apple, Inc.