Wouldn't you like to know how shadows are formed, or what causes light to bend?
This is a highly engaging and interactive app that helps in comprehensively understanding and applying the basic concepts of light with the help of animation and fun-filled simulation.
Learn about the following:
* How we see things
* Types of materials and behavior with light
* Color of objects
* Formation of shadows
* Reflection of light
* Refraction of light.
The app's depth of content and easy to use features will whet kids' curiosity about light and keep them inspired for more!
This app is aligned with Bloom’s taxonomy, and draws from Common Core State Standards* and Next Generation Science Standards*. As a member of the KNOW What’s Inside program, this app has been designed especially for children, with special attention to online privacy.
The app is packed with the following features:
1. What's (Animation) and How's (Concepts): Study principles of light and grasp them in detail with easy to understand animation, and simulation in concepts
2. Quiz: Test your understanding of concepts and ability to relate to real life examples
3. Did You Know: View interesting facts and snippets of information about light from both a historical perspective and current context
4. Explore More: Apply the concepts you read to simple experiments using objects around you.
The suggested sequence for going through various modules in this app is What's-How's-Quiz-Did You Know-Explore More.
This app is intended:
(a) for students primarily in the age group of 8 to 15 years who want to understand concepts from scratch,
(b) as a supplemental guide for teachers, and
(c) as a reference tool for those who want to strengthen their understanding of the subject.
For further information, please contact us at:
- Compatibility update.
Ratings and Reviews
Excellent app for learning the physic of the light
This app walks the user through all the aspects of the light. Despite achieving such scope could have been turned in the development of a really dull application, the result had been completely the opposite: a funny and interesting game that goes through all the effects of the light as an electromagnetic field
I strongly recommend this application to whoever is interested in improving his/her knowledge about the nature, behaviour of the light.
App is very informative and try to keep kids engaged with visual demo.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.