Add fun and excitement to game night with ScoreGeek! Track any board game's scores, see detailed statistics and compete to unlock achievements. ScoreGeek is the ultimate app for board game fans!
• Game Library
Choose from thousands of game plugins that make scoring faster, easier and more interesting. For example:
7 Wonders: Calculate your science points automatically
Agricola: Select animal ranges from a drop-down list
Terra Mystica: View wins, average scores and high scores by faction
New user generated scoring plugins are added every day. You can browse the game library at http://rebrandcloud.com/scoregeek
• Custom Games
It only takes a moment to add a custom game to track scores, history and achievements. You can even search BoardGameGeek for the game name, ID and artwork. After creating your game it’s easy to share it with the community.
Do you have the current high score? Did you beat your personal best? Are you on a winning streak? Now you’ll know for sure.
Your entire game history is now at your fingertips. View details about each session including: game, date, players, teams, colors, factions, scores, notes, location, achievements and photos.
View charts and stats for all your plays, specific games, or different play groups. Player profiles give an overview of each player's gaming career, their win percentage over time, and much more!
• BoardGameGeek.com and Social Integration
Full integration with BoardGameGeek.com lets you automatically import your game library, import past plays, and post new plays to BGG. Social integration lets you share your session photos, scores, achievements and stats with your friends.
• Free Cloud Storage
Automatically keep your scores backed up and synced on all of your devices. Your gaming group can even share a cloud account: score a game on one member’s device and it will sync to everyone in your group.
• Other Fun Stuff
There are so many other fun and useful things: a buzzer, a timer, a stopwatch, a photo gallery, unlockable avatars, meta-game achievements, score widget API, favorite games, history filters, backdated sessions and more!
Try it today and make your next game night a little bit more awesome!
Fixed a bug that prevented adding new players
Fixed a bug that prevented connections to the cloud and game search servers
Ratings and Reviews
Could be better
Easily logs game plays to bgg, has an achievement system which is neat, but it is lacking on the ability to easily present various stats. Could be better.
My review despite the low ratings
It is Dec 3, 2017, I’ve been playing around with this for quite a few hours now.
1. After you download the scoring for a game, you can record game scores without being connected to the Internet.
2. You can edit how the scoring works for each game. This is good for when expansions get added to the game. Being a software developer, I found writing custom scoring easy, others may find it a little more difficult, but not impossible.
3. Add any game you want, even make up your own.
4. I’ve managed to link to my BGG account and download all my recorded plays from BGG. That was quite easy and it went pretty smoothly.
1. I have problems loading player avatars, doesn’t work with my phone’s camera (iPhone 6), and minimal luck with image URLs. I got them to work when googling medium sized pics.
2. Same issue when trying to load a picture for a game. It says it can pull the pic from BGG, but it doesn’t actually work.
3. When writing scripts for advanced scoring, I couldn’t get PreGame values to work properly. If used, when you try to calculate your score, it just sits there and spins.
I like it. The flaws aren’t that bad and the app functions well without them. I’d recommend it to any board gamer.
What a mess
This isn't even an app; it's a "web app" which means it's just a collection of web pages wrapped to look like an app. This is how things were done when the iPhone was first released in 2007. We moved beyond this in 2008.
It's also an inscrutable UI mess. There's a reason people have the sole job of designing user interfaces and this demonstrates why. This developer honed his "skills" on web pages circa 1996 and it shows. Little makes sense and it's constant guesswork where any button will lead. The developers web site for their family of apps is an equal gallery of horror.
Lastly, for basic game scoring look elsewhere. This app has a small following owing to a level of customization available for various European board games (which I was interested in), but you have to spend hours figuring it out from online sources. And that might all be well and good but it touts a "game library" of 200 pre-defined game modules, except when you look at most of them they are not customized in any way and are basic point counters that merely have a picture of the game added.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.