The Scourby You Bible App 5.0.4 Version Description for iPhones and iPads for IOS 10 and Higher.
The You Bible App was Ranked No 1 by Theology Degrees, 700 Club News, American Bible News, and others. The Scourby The audio of the entire Bible is downloaded directly to the device enabling the App to work without an internet connection. The App is resolutely designed and fastidiously fashioned. It’s not just an APP that’s technically possible, but one that’s functionally useful, and helps users redeem their Bible Study time. It has a convenient and efficient user interface. (UI) and a newly re-mastered audio ensuring an even better Bible listening experience.
You Bible App is a Bimodal presentation with Text and audio Synced together. Thus providing for a better understanding, comprehension, and remembrance, and majestically narrated by Alexander Scourby, who The Chicago Tribune wrote as having the greatest voice ever recorded.” You can read the entire Tribune article at https://www.scourby.com/chicago-tribune-article/
The Scourby Bible App is your perfect Bible companion with many functional friendly user features not found in other apps. The Playlist feature is one of a kind, enabling users to create custom Playlist of their favorite Bible Verses. Users can and then play them back with text and audio synced together. No other app can do that. See samples text and audio syncing on the Scourby website at https://scourby.com.
Downloads of mp3 AUDIO BIBLE and desktop apps for laptops and mp3 players are available on the Scourby website. All Apps are self-contained on your device and requires no internet connection to play, Download the best App with the World’s best Bible narrator and start accessing, and experiencing, the Bible in a whole new way.
Bible App data such as Playlists, notes, bookmarks, etc will not be saved. Therefore, we recommend you create an iCloud backup account to Back your Data via an in-App purchase. When you purchase a new phone, you can then download the Bible app and all App data from the iCloud to your new device.
Scourby You Bible App Features in the 5.0.1 Version.
* 70 plus hours of Audio.
* New Easy to Navigate Hamburger Menu with a clean UI.
* Book, Chapter and verse Search and Word Search in seconds.
* Text and Audio synced together with action verse highlighted.
* Bible Reading Plan with 12, 9, 6, or 3-month settings.
* Create custom Playlist of Favorite Bible Verses.
* Speed control, Playlist sharing, and Data Back up an in-app purchase.
* Share Bible Verses with Friends, via Email, Text, Twitter or Facebook.
* Sleep Timer for 10, 20, 30. 60, 120. 240, and 480 minutes.
* Notes and Bookmarks.
* History page tracks Bible verse readings.
* Repeat Button for Verse Memorization.
* Volume Control, mute button, stop, start, fast forward or back up.
* Day and Night Mode.
* Jesus Words in Red, Blue or Regular
* Change Font Size in App settings, or on the fly in Bible Reader.
* Font size selection in App settings small, medium, larger and extra-large.
* Select Helvetica, New Times Roman, Georgia in App Settings.
* Select reading plan in App settings
* Help Menu for all Features
* Videos, Maps and More
The Bible speaks above the importance of the hearing of the Word. The three relevant Bible verses about the Hearing of the Word and as follows:
1.“Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.” - Revelation 1:3 KJV’
2. “Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God.” - Romans 10:17 KJV
3. “Blessed are they that hear the Word of God, and keep it.” - Luke 11:28 KJV
Blessings to you and many hours of encouragement, strength, and inspiration as you listen to His Word on the Scourby You Bible App…The Ultimate Bible App",
Minor Bible verse updates as follow:
- Fixed blank button title issue (Book of Psalms and its abbreviations) in Book Chapter and Verse Search section.
- Updated 22 verses and their corresponding audio files in the Book of Psalms Chapter 119
Ratings and Reviews
I use this app almost everyday to read along with my regular bible. It’s nice to be able to adjust playback speed and create playlists.
The navigation is someone lacking. It would be nice if when every time you go to a new scripture reference you didn’t have to re-select the book, then chapter, then verse; YouVersion app has this function right. It would also be nice to advance whole chapters at a time instead of just verse.
The sounds seems alright to me, Alexander Scourby is a house hold name when it comes to bible reading. He reads with clarity. The way he empathizes words and phrases it helps to understand the KJV language. You can also tell this is not the first time he’s read the Bible; he reads it as if he knows what’s going to happen next (kind of hard for me to explain what I mean). I’m thankful for this app. It helps me get through my bible reading.
Love the content (Bible), hate the app
This is the most expensive app I have ever purchased. I had it on my phone and my iPad. I paid for the extra speed on my iPhone because I had it on my iPad. After an update, extra speeds were removed from my iPad - forcing me to buy it if I wanted to keep it. Spoke to the developers and basically they said tough luck.
Now after a couple of years they change the speed so there is a 3-second delay between each and every verse. It is extremely annoying. Do the developers ever listen to their product before releasing. The app upgrade said they added the delay at a user’s request so they could think about the verse. That is ridiculous to change an app so they could do so. First off, those users could play the verse at a slower pace. Why offer a faster speed only to put a 3-second delay before each verse at 1.5 speed. I did not test f the delay remains the same in all speeds. It doesn’t matter. This needs to be fixed. There are lots of good Bible apps out there that are free. I paid more than $20 for the app and speed upgrade. Please fix it.
Why did mine work perfectly until their “upgrade”?
I reached out to the folks at Litchfield Ltd., and they responded quickly, telling me that it was likely that I’d loaded it with “Cellular Data” rather than with WiFi, and if I’d correct that problem — they gave me step-by-step instructions, I’d have the problem fixed. They wanted me to know that it WAS NOT their app’s problem.
This, of course, didn’t explain why it worked perfectly until they did their update, nor why it continues to work — sped up, and with some words missing — on my iPad. But I gave it a try. It didn’t work.
At least it still works on my iPad, which was loaded with the same WiFi network that my iPhone was loaded on. Of course, it is still sped up, and it still lacks the conclusions of each and every book. But it is better than nothing. I wish they would sell the rights to the original recording to Olive Tree, a company I believe would respect the original recording enough to give it to us in its complete form. And it works on all devices.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Litchfield Associates Ltd, Inc
- 1 GB
- Requires iOS 11.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.4 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2012 Litchfield Associates
- In-App Purchases
- Playback Speed Feature $4.99
- iCloud backup/restore feature $4.99
- Playlists share feature $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.