The Scourby You Bible App 5.0.1 Version Description for iPhones and iPads for IOS 10 and Higher.
The You Bible App was Ranked No 1 by Theology Degrees, 700 Club News, American Bible News, and others. The Scourby The audio of the entire Bible is downloaded directly to the device enabling the App to work without an internet connection. The App is resolutely designed and fastidiously fashioned. It’s not just an APP that’s technically possible, but one that’s functionally useful, and helps users redeem their Bible Study time. It has a convenient and efficient user interface. (UI) and a newly re-mastered audio ensuring an even better Bible listening experience.
You Bible App is a Bimodal presentation with Text and audio Synced together. Thus providing for a better understanding, comprehension, and remembrance, and majestically narrated by Alexander Scourby, who The Chicago Tribune wrote as having the greatest voice ever recorded.” You can read the entire Tribune article at https://www.scourby.com/chicago-tribune-article/
The Scourby Bible App is your perfect Bible companion with many functional friendly user features not found in other apps. The Playlist feature is one of a kind, enabling users to create custom Playlist of their favorite Bible Verses. Users can and then play them back with text and audio synced together. No other app can do that. See samples text and audio syncing on the Scourby website at https://scourby.com.
Downloads of mp3 AUDIO BIBLE and desktop apps for laptops and mp3 players are available on the Scourby website. All Apps are self-contained on your device and requires no internet connection to play, Download the best App with the World’s best Bible narrator and start accessing, and experiencing, the Bible in a whole new way.
Bible App data such as Playlists, notes, bookmarks, etc will not be saved. Therefore, we recommend you create an iCloud backup account to Back your Data via an in-App purchase. When you purchase a new phone, you can then download the Bible app and all App data from the iCloud to your new device.
Scourby You Bible App Features in the 5.0.1 Version.
* 70 plus hours of Audio.
* New Easy to Navigate Hamburger Menu with a clean UI.
* Book, Chapter and verse Search and Word Search in seconds.
* Text and Audio synced together with action verse highlighted.
* Bible Reading Plan with 12, 9, 6, or 3-month settings.
* Create custom Playlist of Favorite Bible Verses.
* Speed control, Playlist sharing, and Data Back up an in-app purchase.
* Share Bible Verses with Friends, via Email, Text, Twitter or Facebook.
* Sleep Timer for 10, 20, 30. 60, 120. 240, and 480 minutes.
* Notes and Bookmarks.
* History page tracks Bible verse readings.
* Repeat Button for Verse Memorization.
* Volume Control, mute button, stop, start, fast forward or back up.
* Day and Night Mode.
* Jesus Words in Red, Blue or Regular
* Change Font Size in App settings, or on the fly in Bible Reader.
* Font size selection in App settings small, medium, larger and extra-large.
* Select Helvetica, New Times Roman, Georgia in App Settings.
* Select reading plan in App settings
* Help Menu for all Features
* Videos, Maps and More
The Bible speaks above the importance of the hearing of the Word. The three relevant Bible verses about the Hearing of the Word and as follows:
1.“Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.” - Revelation 1:3 KJV’
2. “Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God.” - Romans 10:17 KJV
3. “Blessed are they that hear the Word of God, and keep it.” - Luke 11:28 KJV
Blessings to you and many hours of encouragement, strength, and inspiration as you listen to His Word on the Scourby You Bible App…The Ultimate Bible App",
1. Integrated new re-mastered audio into iPhone and iPad Apps.
2. Upgraded the audio and text sync functionality as well as text highlighting.
3. Upgraded App to iOS 12 and iPhone X family UI compatible.
4. Upgraded Facebook and Twitter Integration.
5. Upgraded E-Mail Integration.
6. Upgraded highlighted section tap selection.
7. Upgraded setting screen change.
8. Updated Video URL in Help Menu.
9. Upgraded App Icons with Scourby Color Photo.
10. Upgraded Scourby Splash Screen change Color Photo.
11. Change the side menu Text.
12. Word Search highlighted and text changes.
13. Updated feedback email address.
Ratings and Reviews
Delighted to see and hear this latest upgrade!
I don't study the bible using KJV but, after decades of listening to Scourby and others, his rendering of the audio bible remains the best! (Interesting anecdote... Many years ago, I worked on some projects with a brilliant audio engineer who had, in his past, worked with this man. He described Scourby as a down-to-earth professional who talked like a regular guy until he sat before a microphone. Then he cranked up that magnificent voice that put everyone in awe.)
Why did mine work perfectly until their “upgrade”?
I reached out to the folks at Litchfield Ltd., and they responded quickly, telling me that it was likely that I’d loaded it with “Cellular Data” rather than with WiFi, and if I’d correct that problem — they gave me step-by-step instructions, I’d have the problem fixed. They wanted me to know that it WAS NOT their app’s problem.
This, of course, didn’t explain why it worked perfectly until they did their update, nor why it continues to work — sped up, and with some words missing — on my iPad. But I gave it a try. It didn’t work.
At least it still works on my iPad, which was loaded with the same WiFi network that my iPhone was loaded on. Of course, it is still sped up, and it still lacks the conclusions of each and every book. But it is better than nothing. I wish they would sell the rights to the original recording to Olive Tree, a company I believe would respect the original recording enough to give it to us in its complete form. And it works on all devices.
Weak App for $20
This app has a volume issue and navigating isn’t too convenient either. The volume so low on this app that I really can’t hear it when it’s synced to my truck unless I crank the volume all the way up. And then if I get a call or navigation speaks it blows out my ear drums. I’d emailed them about it and they said to look for an update but that’s never happened. I love Scourby’s voice but what good is it if I can’t hear him. The search option I wish they had is being able to scroll and click on a verse and start from there. As it is you must skip forward it back verse by verse or go to the search page and find the book, then the chapter, then the verse. It may not sound like much but I’d rather use the other apps that are easier to navigate and volume is better.
- Litchfield Associates Ltd, Inc
- 1 GB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2012 Litchfield Associates
- In-App Purchases
- Playback Speed Feature $4.99
- Playlists share feature $1.99
- iCloud backup/restore feature $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.