Scourby YouBible 4+
Text and Audio Synced Together
Litchfield Associates Ltd, Inc
Designed for iPhone
- Offers In-App Purchases
Thy Word is a lamp unto thy feet and a light unto thy path. Psalms 119:105
The Scourby You Bible App is ranked number 1 by Theology Degrees. The 5.3.0 Version is for IOS devices 8 and Higher. The Scourby audio, newly re-mastered, is downloaded directly to IOS device. No internet connection is required. The App is resolutely designed and functionally useful, with an efficient user interface (UI) enabling users to redeem their time and to enjoy their Bible Study. The App has a Bimodal presentation with Text and audio Synced together. Studies show hearing and reading increase understanding, comprehension and memory. It’s a perfect Bible companion, and Alexander Scourby is the Voice of the Bible. The Chicago Tribune wrote Scourby has “the greatest voice ever recorded” and is the “best audio Book narrator, bar none”.
The core app comes with:
• The entire Bible narrated by Alexander Scourby, over 70 hours of audio.
• The Bible reader.
• Easy to Navigate Hamburger Menu with a clean UI.
• Full search engine, by Book, Chapter, and verse, or by word(s).
• Bookmark your favorite Bible verses.
• History page tracks all Bible verses read.
• Bible verse of the Day.
• Settings page.
• Different font selections
• Adjust the font size from small to large by a taping icon in the Bible reader.
• Help page with both text and video tutorial.
• Maps of the holy land during Bible days.
• Video page with instruction videos of all features.
• Video About the story of the King James Bible.
• Video about why the King James Bible is still the best translation.
• Day and Night Mode.
• Volume Control and mute button.
• Stop, start, fast forward, or back up
• Jesus Words in Red, Blue or Regular
• Electronic Bookmark that takes the reader\to where they left off.
Additional features below are available as in-App purchases:
• One of a kind Playlist permitting users to create custom playlists of favorite Bible verses. Once in the playlist, users can move verses around in order of their choosing. The app will play back the verses with text and audio synced together. No other app can do that.
• Three different Bible Reading plans. Standard Reading Plan from Genesis through Revelations. Users can select various time periods to read through the Bible.
• Chronological Reading Plan.
• The very popular Robert Roberts Reading Plan.
• Cloud backup and restore, permitting users to back up all their Bible app Data. If app data is not backed up and saved, there’s no way to restore it when users get a new device. Therefore, it’s recommended that users create an iCloud backup and restores feature if user create a lot of app data.
• Audio Speed control, permitting users to speed up or slow down the audio.
• Loop/repeat, permitting users to loop verse, verses, Chapter and even a Book.
• Sleep timer can be set from 10 to 480 minutes (8 hours) permitting users to listen to the Bible while sleeping.
• Note feature. Users can create notes, import Bible verses into notes and then select Bible verses and notes to share with others, and or print.
• Social media sharing. Users can share Bible Verses and notes, on social media. Users can also share their playlist with users who have the Scourby Bible App.
• 1 month free trial on all in-app purchases.
Three Bible verses about the Hearing of the Word:
1. Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, Revelation 1:3
2. Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God.” - Romans 10:17 KJV
3. “Blessed are they that hear the Word of God, and keep it.” - Luke 11:28
The You Bible app will be your most valued app. Listen to it every day and let it become a Lamp unto Your Feet, and a Light unto your Path. Many blessings as you listen to his word.
Ratings and Reviews
Love the content (Bible), hate the app
This is the most expensive app I have ever purchased. I had it on my phone and my iPad. I paid for the extra speed on my iPhone because I had it on my iPad. After an update, extra speeds were removed from my iPad - forcing me to buy it if I wanted to keep it. Spoke to the developers and basically they said tough luck.
Now after a couple of years they change the speed so there is a 3-second delay between each and every verse. It is extremely annoying. Do the developers ever listen to their product before releasing. The app upgrade said they added the delay at a user’s request so they could think about the verse. That is ridiculous to change an app so they could do so. First off, those users could play the verse at a slower pace. Why offer a faster speed only to put a 3-second delay before each verse at 1.5 speed. I did not test f the delay remains the same in all speeds. It doesn’t matter. This needs to be fixed. There are lots of good Bible apps out there that are free. I paid more than $20 for the app and speed upgrade. Please fix it.
The company has now gone to a subscription based program. I wasn't very happy to discover this when I went to select one of my playlists and I got a pop-up alert asking me to purchase the functionality which I previously owned. So I tried the looping feature and received the same type of alert. I figured it was due to some type of software or network glitch. So I sent the developer a quick email asking them to please restore my purchases.
The developer was quick to respond and explain that a warning was sent out a year ago with one of the updates stating they would be going to a subscription based app due to increasing costs and the level of work required to maintain the app and keep it current. Yeah, I wasn't too happy about this at first and had to consider it for a few days. However, after much consideration I decided the decision to go to a subscription based process was necessary. Each time a new IOS update is delivered I'm certain the developer must conduct a lot of testing followed by a tweak of the app software to keep it working. I never recall any failures of this app. I have tried other audio Bible apps and there is just no comparison to the high quality, user features and reliability of the Scourby Bible app. Considering the benefits I have received, I will continue to be a loyal and thankful customer. God's word is worth the subscription offerers! His word never returns void!
Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God!
So I purchased this app back when everything was included in the high price($20) for this app. Then with some of the recent updates it suddenly needs to be a subscription. I reached out to them the first time this happened and they never responded but my app suddenly unlocked and was back to the original “everything included” except for a few features. Now today I got back on to do my reading and it’s back to wanting me to do a subscription for something I already paid for. This is very dishonest and if this is a subscription based app it should be less than $10 for the interface of the app and then the other features (Bible reading plan, speed, etc) be subscription. Scourby’s recording has been around so long and I’m sure they’ve made money on this charging $20 for the full app. Now they get greedy and start double charging. They must not read the content of this app. I’m very frustrated because before I’ve had these problems I would have rated this 4-5 stars and only mentioning a few bugs in the system, but now it’s not something I would recommend. I could buy the recording elsewhere and reading along I’m a free Bible app or a hard copy Bible. Much cheaper and not a rip off.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Litchfield Associates Ltd, Inc
- 1 GB
- Requires iOS 11.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.4 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2012 Litchfield Associates
- In-App Purchases
- Playback speed control feature $3.99
- Loop Verses feature $3.99
- Sleep Timer feature $3.99
- Standard Bible Reading Plan $3.99
- All features $31.99
- My Playlists $6.99
- Playback Speed Feature $4.99
- Chronological Reading Plan $3.99
- iCloud backup and restore $3.99
- iCloud backup/restore feature $4.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.