SCP Foundation DB nn5n - this is a collection of stories, for all sci-fi fans and for people who like horror experiences and also for writers, screenwriters. This is an unofficial offline database of wiki project "SCP Foundation", that allows you to read all material on your devices offline, without internet connection.
- Comfortable control of reading with Next, Previous, Random buttons;
- Black/white theme;
- Favorite option what allow save your favorite pages;
- More than 3000 pages for read;
- 3 Languages: English, Chinese, Japanese.
- 3D Touch;
When you press "Random Object" button, you will open random object from list of The SCP Foundation.
Attention! SCP Foundation - is a fiction! SCP Foundation does not exist in real life. But be careful, if you are a sensitive person, please, not install this application and don't read no story from this foundation.
I opened "The SCP Foundation" for myself in summer 2012, and l was really impressed with all it. But at that time I had slow internet connection, so, l got an idea about creating this application to read all stories anytime anywhere.
From official FAQ:
What is the Foundation? We are the last bastion of security in a world where natural laws rapidly break down. We are here to protect humanity from the things that go bump in the night, from people who wield power beyond mortal understanding. We are here to make the world a safer place. We are the holders of wonders, and the crafters of dreams. We are why the world continues. In the short form, we're a creative writing site, devoted towards horror.
What does SCP stand for? "Special Containment Procedures". We generally go with "the Foundation". It also stands for the site motto: "Secure. Contain. Protect."
Original wiki project you can find here: http://www.scp-wiki.net
Chinese branch: http://scp-wiki-cn.wikidot.com
Japanese branch: http://ja.scp-wiki.net
This application is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/
- Database updated
Ratings and Reviews
Good database, however,
Long names get cut off. Also, for the favorite page, if there was a way to organize your favorites, that would be nice.
Edit: I don’t know how to reply since I’ve never gotten a response; so I hope you can get the message this way :). I personally have lots of favorites, so if there was a way to sort them by class and how dangerous they were, that would be cool. I don’t think you’ll need to actually make set default lists to put them into, but if we could create our own files so when we favorite an SCP, we can choose to put them in our own custom assortments. If that makes sense. Much like a file system on a PC, you are able to make a file, name it, and put what you want into it.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback!
How would you like to organize favorites? Can you tell me more details for this idea?
I used to love this app
The first versions (around 2014) were the best, now there are some problems I have now since these last few updates. The photos are no longer to the side and now are just in the top center, (only exceptions I could find for this is 804 and 1968) giving it format problems. Opening the app brings you to this ugly white screen with numbers on it, instead of how it used to be where it displayed the wiki hub and listed the featured SCP and tale of the day. On the first versions to the bottom of any article were tags that would describe said article (memetic, building, and acoustic for example) which was very helpful for finding SCPs that were similar to the one you were reading. Why was this removed? Anyway still good app for those whom want to read SCPs offline.
Great App! Small Issues
It’s reassuring that this app was what I expected. I’ve only had this app for a little bit now but it’s definitely worth it. There are, at the moment, only very small issues that I’ve come across.
- SCP-4205 (Within the eyes of the beholder) Does not work at all, this makes sense with the complexity of 4205’s log design but please try to incorporate it.
- As mentioned in other reviews, no ways of organizing favorites. By Title and By Number would be good additions.
- I’m not quite sure how the search feature is supposed to work. Nothing comes up and I’m not sure if it works at all. This one is probably just user error though.
- The names are cut off, adding a small extra where the title is displayed above the articles could definitely be an easier fix to this
Other than those I’m just very glad this app is what it says it is, it’s actively updated as well, keep it up!
- Teeraya Intajuk
- 2.5 GB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Japanese, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Frequent/Intense Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2015 Mykhailo Radzievskyi
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.