Scrawl is a place to put those little notes you need for just a minute and then never want to see again. Where did you park the car? What's the ten-digit code to disarm the bomb? What gate do you need to meet your mother at?
Scrawl gives you a small space to write these notes, then helps you access them again quickly. You don't even need to open the app again!
- Includes a widget that can be added to your lock screen and Notification Center.
- Displays notes when you 3D Touch the app icon.
- Notes can be added and read back via Siri on iOS 11.
Scrawl isn't a complicated app. It's not even a particularly good app. It's just a place to put some text for a bit, and then look at it later. If that doesn't sell you on it, you probably don't want it. But if it _does_ sell you on it: good news! It's free! I'm not even going to sell your information to pay for it! Act quick to take advantage of this unlimited-time offer!
Hey there, everyone. In case you've forgotten who I am, I'm Geoff, the dev who writes really dumb release notes. Also I make this app. Shoulda led with that one, probably.
I totally spaced on updating this app for a few… years. I ended up releasing some other apps instead — check them out! Two out of three of them are good and also there’s Debigulator. And, in my defense, I was still updating Scrawl, I just kinda… kept those updates to myself. (Have y’all tried dark mode? It’s great.)
Anywhose, I figured it was time to break that streak and actually ship something. Scrawl 20.0 includes:
- Widget support for iOS 14 — place your notes on your home screen!
- An Apple Watch app, so you can take your notes on the go. More on the go. On the wrist.
- A share extension, making it easier to get notes into Scrawl in the first place.
- Multiple window support on iPad, so you can edit your notes alongside multiple other apps. Or just edit the same text side-by-side, I don’t know your life.
- A new, more-robust syncing system so things don’t get all busted so much.
- Dark mode. Still kinda can’t believe I never shipped that.
Hopefully, this is the return of more frequent updates. I imagine we’ll be seeing another one real soon, to support that thing it’s obvious this app should support. You know the one.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Useful. Surprised this isn’t a native iOS app. Thanks!
Sits between the big todo and Siri
This feels like a nice addition to my knowledge prosthetic system, for ephemeral short term notes. I'd say it sits in-between my massive todo list and trusting Siri.
Developer Response ,
Thanks! Good to hear that Scrawl fits in your existing system.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.